Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought we were supposed to be soldiers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought we were supposed to be soldiers?

Why is it impossible to walk up a steep hill? And why does it take a year and a half to swim across a swimming pool? I can't count the number of times I've been in a situation where I could have cut ALOT of walking time by climbing up a steep hill yet couldn't which caused me to have to take a lengthy detour. C'mon DICE, it's bad enough that it takes forever to get anywhere on foot in the 32/64 player maps, but did you really have to make going up steep hills impossible? Swimming should also be much faster than it is now. As it stands now, jumping in the water is akin to hitting the suicide button in the spawn menu. It's utterly useless. Not only are you defenseless in the water(can't even shank someone ffs!) but you're so slow that it makes travel by water a very bad option unless you have a boat.

Now I know BF2 is not supposed to be a simulation, but I honestly do not see how gameplay would be harmed if infantry were able walk up steep hills and allowed to swim faster. For now we'll all just have to keep taking detours around hills so we can land smackdab in armored brothel territory and avoiding the water deathtraps.

Re: I thought we were supposed to be soldiers?

YEAH! while there at it they should make it so we may walk up walls and swing around like Spiderman! and maby, just maby, make it so u can move like a torpido in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
      Why is it impossible to walk up a steep hill? And why does it take a year and a half to swim across a swimming pool? I can't count the number of times I've been in a situation where I could have cut ALOT of walking time by climbing up a steep hill yet couldn't which caused me to have to take a lengthy detour. C'mon DICE, it's bad enough that it takes forever to get anywhere on foot in the 32/64 player maps, but did you really have to make going up steep hills impossible? Swimming should also be much faster than it is now. As it stands now, jumping in the water is akin to hitting the suicide button in the spawn menu. It's utterly useless. Not only are you defenseless in the water(can't even shank someone ffs!) but you're so slow that it makes travel by water a very bad option unless you have a boat.

Now I know BF2 is not supposed to be a simulation, but I honestly do not see how gameplay would be harmed if infantry were able walk up steep hills and allowed to swim faster. For now we'll all just have to keep taking detours around hills so we can land smackdab in armored brothel territory and avoiding the water deathtraps.
      I dont know if they are fixing it or not, but tell me why if I drive over a little bump in my tank I lose life from the damamge, I mean come on it is a freakin tank, just a little detail but it ****es me off, and to fix your swimming problem without making you look like a dolphin swimming, how about a adding in a rescue rope to the transport choppers they can lower down to snatch you out of the water, then give the pilot a team point for doing so...

Comment

There is always CS:S if you hate long walks..

Comment

Yea try going up a steep hill or swimming with all that gear and clothes.

Comment

Balance. Tanks are supposed to be 50 mph but they don't. It's all about balance.

In your case, why is there the same types of trees on a map ? Why do wheels not get punctured ?

Comment

Try sprinting to go up certain hills that regularly you wouldn't be able to get up than hit the deck and help your squad mate.... if you care about the game and not just yourself.

And sometimes to get to a flag you just have to kill yourself to protect or attack an objective.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Shpox
                Balance. Tanks are supposed to be 50 mph but they don't. It's all about balance.

In your case, why is there the same types of trees on a map ? Why do wheels not get punctured ?
                who are you responding to? I can understand the balance part but what about trees? huh?

Comment

Why did my 100% tank blow up when it rolled over a small rock ?

Comment

You have to draw a line somewhere,
                    this means, what angle is the player able to handle, in BF2 , this is actualy a big angle or at least bigger then in other games .

Also, this is for balance, if your soldier would be able to walk up on almost everything, it would be hard to make good balanced maps, because you would have to block or narow down some area's with wall and other stuff.

and, if you see wich amount of gear the BF2 soldiers have, it's a mirical they can even swim (I will let you swim acrois the river with 4 eryx misile launchers, an MP5 with ammo, armor and boots , see how fast you will swim, or rather go down to the bottom)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Shpox

I don't see it as balanced. What exactly is bad about infantry climbing up a steep hill? What problems did DICE solve by making this impossible to do? I don't even think they know that infantry can't go up steep hills. It feels more like a bad bug to me. I'm not talking about going up a freaking wall like a particular troll would have you believe either, just a hill.

If you wanna get into a realism argument, sure, real life soldiers have tons of gear to carry, but they are also trained and have the stamina to move around with a ton of gear strapped to their backs. I propose that walking up a steep hill should degenerate some of your stamina. It's a nice trade off.

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                        You have to draw a line somewhere,
                        this means, what angle is the player able to handle, in BF2 , this is actualy a big angle or at least bigger then in other games .

Also, this is for balance, if your soldier would be able to walk up on almost everything, it would be hard to make good balanced maps, because you would have to block or narow down some area's with wall and other stuff.

and, if you see wich amount of gear the BF2 soldiers have, it's a mirical they can even swim (I will let you swim acrois the river with 4 eryx misile launchers, an MP5 with ammo, armor and boots , see how fast you will swim, or rather go down to the bottom)
                        With the amount of weight soldiers carry you should actually die if you fall into the water, or better yet, fall in the water and lose your kit equipment to stay afloat, keeping only lets say just your knife, or knife and pistol, then when you get out of the water you have to kill an enemy to get his kit containing a primary weapon etc......maybe in future patch, or BF3 just a thought

Comment

True true... I'm definately sure I can run/sprint faster than that anytime :P- don't know for how far though. Hell, I'm convinced I can shoot more accurately than the gun does sometimes

But with the swimming, don't forget that there is a lot of crap you're carrying- like everyone else mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
                            I don't see it as balanced. What exactly is bad about infantry climbing up a steep hill? What problems did DICE solve by making this impossible to do? I don't even think they know that infantry can't go up steep hills. It feels more like a bad bug to me. I'm not talking about going up a freaking wall like a particular troll would have you believe either, just a hill.

If you wanna get into a realism argument, sure, real life soldiers have tons of gear to carry, but they are also trained and have the stamina to move around with a ton of gear strapped to their backs. I propose that walking up a steep hill should degenerate some of your stamina. It's a nice trade off.
                            Ask dice.. Infact a good idea would be to ask them in the dice section. Basically If everyone was fast there would be no need for vehicles, no need for transport, being slower gives you the chance to kill people and you to kill them. I know this game is based on realism but lets not forget not everythings going to be realistic. As I said, tanks can go 50mph but not in Bf2. I don't know the exact reason, Dice however would.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornbread Mafia
                              There is always CS:S if you hate long walks..
                              Because everybody runs faster with a knive :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X