Dead bodies obscure kit icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead bodies obscure kit icons

Alot of times after someone dies, their kit will clip into the dead body rendering the kit either invisible or unrecognizeable. This is especially bad and compounded by the "equipment-and-class-disappearing-on-death-leaving-behind-a-generic-player-model" bug (phew!) when a friendly medic is dead and you want to revive him. This causes you to desperately sort out a hundred bodies that all look the same just to find the one guy that you think is a medic but you don't know until you press G because the dead body is obscuring the kit icon! (phew again!) Ok, I know my puncuation skills are terrible, but my visual skills definitly are not. We need to be able to clearly see kits without resorting to trial and error.

Re: Dead bodies obscure kit icons

I just spam G.
    My biggest gripe is name tag blocking an area, sometimes its just a blob of blue over an area. Plus having the enmy name pop up just by scaning an area with crosshairs ruins stealth too.
    I wish I could turn it off friendly names, Ive played long enough to know uniform and blue dots on my map.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirdeyepry
      I just spam G.
      My biggest gripe is name tag blocking an area, sometimes its just a blob of blue over an area. Plus having the enmy name pop up just by scaning an area with crosshairs ruins stealth too.
      I wish I could turn it off friendly names, Ive played long enough to know uniform and blue dots on my map.
      I spam G too, but the real problem lies in not knowing wth you are gonna get when you hit G. What happens if you end up with a crap sniper kit in the middle of a fierce firefight? That's clearly a bug that should be corrected.

I've never had problems with the nametags blocking my view, but the enemy tags are definitly a problem. DICE should implement a delay on enemy tag displays much like counter-strike:source. This would cut down a bit on the built-in wallhack abuse so to speak.

Comment

The textures on the kits should have the class icon on top of them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NoseKi||s
          The textures on the kits should have the class icon on top of them as well.
          Sounds like a good simple solution.

Comment

I think a small tag on the 3d map would be good, a la the medic / ammo bags.

Comment

Working...
            X