Crash and Looping Sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash and Looping Sounds

I just reinstalled my OS to x64 with all latest x64 drivers, and after an hour or so of playing it freezes and loops what ever sound there is. This never happend to me before with x64, and i know its not overheating. Last last time i had this problem is when i OC to high, and it was stable at 2.5. I remember there was a fix for this. Should i just switch back to Win XP Pro?

Specs In Sig

Re: Crash and Looping Sounds

bumpp

Comment

yep, it is unstable FSB/RAM, from the OC. I have this problem somewhat too, try either one of these: upping chipset voltage by .1, upping Ram voltage, downclocking the RAM, or just downclocking overall. and if all else fails, and you can keep the CPU voltage under 1.6, up the CPU voltage. someone feel free to step in if this in incorrect, I dont want anyone blowing up their computer ^_^. but yes, try those. not TOO much now, remember.

Comment

BIOS settings havent changed at all since my last format, and before it worked great, since this new format its happening again

Comment

try making sure your ram is still good, memtest, or take a stick or two out.

Comment

how do i do a mem test?

Comment

Download the ISO file, and burn it on a CD and boot with it. Detailed instructions are on the following site
              http://www.memtest86.com
              or here
              http://www.memtest.org

Also, did you get the newest x-fi drivers from Creative?

Comment

Yes i did, last night i installed the X-Fi and reinstalled it, with no errors this time

Comment

So im guessing i boot up with that disk in drive? Well i tried but my boot menue locks up

Comment

You need to burn it as an ISO.
                    In Nero burning rom click on "Open" instead of "New", and navigate to the iso file. Then burn it to the CD.
                    If the file you downloaded is a *.zip file you need to firs extract it before you can point to the iso file inside the archive.

What do you mean by "my boot menue locks up" ? Can you get into your BIOS and set the drive to boot rom the CD?
                    Where does your Boot menu lock up exactly?

Comment

Well i burned the ISO to the disk, went to Burn Image

With this asus board, F8 is boot menu, it locks up once it goes to choose what i want it to do, as in select the drive, it dosnt even let me exit it, might be because its a usb keyboard, but it works good in BIOS

I tried setting to boot from "CD-ROM" but it just goes straight to load OS

Thanks for the help anyways, i figured it was my X-Fi card not working properly with x64, so i reformated back to reg Win XP Pro and ive been playing all day with no problems.

EDIT: or i think it was, no one has responded at the Creative forums

Comment

Try hitting Delete when going into the BIOS. F8 will come up with a boot menue /windows start options. But you want to get into the bios and change the device boot priorities.

But since you got it back running with the 32bit architekture it's all good

Comment

i think it just didnt work with BF2 because im sure its the only thing that will hog the sound card

Comment

Working...
                          X