Buying and Playing online with a pre-owned copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying and Playing online with a pre-owned copy

I am very close to purchasing a copy of BF2 from someone who played it untill some months ago. Will there be any issues with me setting up a new account with this pre-owned copy and if so what shoud I look out for? He assures me that his key has been kept private and is willing to let me install and set it up prior to payment.

Re: Buying and Playing online with a pre-owned copy

Well, you should be able to play the game as long as only one of you is playing; because you have the same CD Key. You will be able to set up a new account for BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by kaheiyeh
      Well, you should be able to play the game as long as only one of you is playing; because you have the same CD Key. You will be able to set up a new account for BF2.
      Thanks for the info.

Comment

another issue would be to make sure they havent been globally banned by punkbuster since PB uses the cdkey hash to ban with.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I beleive this is still against the EULA, but you should be fine so long as that person has uninstall BF2 and no longer plays it. (and provided they haven't sold the cd key to every Tom **** and Harry on the internet )

Comment

Working...
          X