Launching a local server???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launching a local server???

Hello folks, i'm trying to launch a local server for me and my son to play on occasionally. We both have version 1.12 loaded and I also have SF on my system but i'm trying to just launch a regular BF2 server.

I get it loaded, launched, using 3 city maps and then he tries to join but it kicks him saying he has a 'modded' version and to restore to the original if he wants to join???

There isn't even an option in my server launch for something like that. I did find where it says to launch a 'dedicated' server for more options. Is that a regular online server? I don't even see an option anywhere for launching such a thing, other than the online server?

Please help, just wanna play locally on occasion with my son when i'm not playing online.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Claud

Re: Launching a local server???

Happens to me too, but i don't know if this will help but it may-

try having your son make the server and you join, it worked with me & my friend

Comment

Thanks, but not working. When he launches it, and I try to join, my system crashes. Neither system has issues playing online, and while my system specs are upper range, his are certainly capable of handling the game easily as well.

Just curious, as this is such an integral part of the game itself you would think, does anyone else have these problems? Or maybe a tech support number for EA since I can't find one on their site, other than email contact?

Thanks again,
      Claud

Comment

bump

Still trying to get this to work if anyone has any ideas or input, much appreciated.

Comment

are you using bf2server.exe which needs to be downloaded from EA? Or are you just saying create local? Are you trying to run single player maps with bots?

-moved to support forums-

Comment

As big of a pain as it may be, you could have him reinstall. Or check the settings in your local server, and uncheck same version (not sure if this is a setting in there, but it maybe, I haven't used local in a while)

Comment

Thanks again for the responses, but upon checking EA's site, the only downloads I can find regarding servers are the non-ranked server downloads? Are these the ones you're referring to when you say 'bf2server.exe' because that's not the name of the file.

Also, why would I need to download it in the first place. I was, in fact, just clicking on create local to do it, just like the old bf1942 used to work. I take it that won't work any more in the newer, more modern game of BF2? Heh

At any rate, a link to the bf2server.exe file you mentioned would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
              Claud

Comment

Working...
              X