Squads !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squads !!!!

I have had BF2 for ages and have just got BF2SF.

Until now though, i have hardly played the game. I am now starting to get into it.

Can you please explain the benfits of squads if there are any, and maybe any other noobie tips you may have.

Thx

Paul

Re: Squads !!!!

If your in a squad your commander can give you orders, it means your more likely to win a game, you can spawn on your squad leader when you die (like a mobile spawn) and if your squad leader you can make requests to the commander. Plus you can VOIP to your team mates.

Comment

Thanks for that

Your just round the corner from me. I am in sunny Bracknell.

What are the servers you play on that are any good ?

Comment

Did play on my clan server till I got booted out of it. Urm, I've got a few they're all on my xfire, feel free to add me on it if you want.. username is daftgoat

Comment

Originally posted by ledbythereaper
          If your in a squad your commander can give you orders, it means your more likely to win a game, you can spawn on your squad leader when you die (like a mobile spawn) and if your squad leader you can make requests to the commander. Plus you can VOIP to your team mates.
          The main function of the squad leader is to STAY ALIVE. The mobile spawn for the squad is very important. Otherwise you have to get from point A to point B again. If you get a good mix in the squad, you are almost unstoppable. 1-2 AT, 1 medic, 1 support, 1 Spec Ops, and either a sniper or Engineer. With that setup, you keep the medic in the back or hidden, the spec. ops covering the rear and the AT guys patrolling the sides and the sniper keeping a look-out and the support can run all over. I have found this makes for great flag taking and you incur less deaths and more points for everyone. Although it is sometimes next to impossible sometimes to get people to work together.

Comment

also, your squadmembers ought to stick together. If you make up the squad sensibly of serevral different classes, e.g. 2xmedics, 1xsupport etc....(or whatever works best for you), then you increase it effectivness.

Comment

First of all, don't start off as squad leader by making a squad - you want to get some squad experience first.

Look at the composition of the squads on the server. If there are no medics/support units in there, chances are they're not really a co-operative squad.

Once you join a squad, have a look at your squad map (squad screen button). Here you can see all squad members as green dots. If they are scattered all across the map, it's highly likely that this is a "dead" squad, i.e. they don't work together. Leave the squad and join the next on the list.

When you find a squad where the green dots (squad members) are close to eachother, you're all set. Now select a kit that the squad needs - if they have no Medic you should be the one. Spawn on your squad leader, stick with your squad and help them out in every situation. Give them ammo, health, repairs or whatnot, and make sure to cover them and do as your squad leader says.

When your squad leader issues an order, an icon will be placed on your map with a coloured line leading to it. This is the line you should follow, the 'directions' to the next waypoint. These orders/waypoints are either set by the squad leader himself, or by the Commander. The Commander can give different orders to different squads, and the squad leader has a choice of accepting or rejecting it.

Oh, and always spawn on your squad leader - and do everything you can to keep him alive. When he's in a jeep or other vehicle which is filled up, you'll see that his green icon has a red circle around it, meaning that you wont be able to spawn on him. If he's close to a flag, approaching fast, you should just wait a couple of seconds until he exits the vehicle, and then spawn on him. This is much better than spawning at a distant base alone.
              Remember that the red circle can also mean that your squad leader is dead. If the dot is moving, he's in a full vehicle - and if it's standing still he's most likely dead.

Comment

Great answers, thanks very much

There is alot more to this game than meets the eye.
                I am used to playing COD and COD2, so in comparison, this is mind boggling, but i am sure i will get used to it.

Thx again

Any other tips ?

Cheers

Paul

Comment

99% of the time, I score way better and have way more fun on the servers where there are squads (not just because the commander is telling them to "squad up" but because they WANT to be in squads) that have some kind of direction in mind. And I would say 100% of the time I score better and have more fun when everyone is using the VOIP feature to communicate instead of the generic pre-programmed stuff. It's much easier to let everyone know where snipers and gunners are if you're using the VOIP.

Where in real war if you have a great squad leader you will be much more succesful and stay alive, in BF2 you will have much more fun, stay alive longer, get a lot more captures and a lot more kills. This applies double to Special Forces. Unfortunately, this is a rare occasion, and that's too bad. It is so much more realistic to hear real radio chatter going on and being able to talk to your teammates instead of using the preset dialog that nobody pays any attention to.

Comment

I had a little play last night and Joined a squad. He seemed to send us to one place and then 10 seconds later to another. No real thought going into what he/she was doing.

When Squad leader, do you tend to send your squad all over the place or do you tend to hang around one flag either to capture or keep ?

Comment

Originally posted by paulwilko
                      I had a little play last night and Joined a squad. He seemed to send us to one place and then 10 seconds later to another. No real thought going into what he/she was doing.

When Squad leader, do you tend to send your squad all over the place or do you tend to hang around one flag either to capture or keep ?
                      It depends on if there is planes and choppers. If you sit in one spot to long, you not only have to worry about arty, but also the constant bombardment from planes and helo's. In a situation like that it is best to keep moving. But if your not doing anything and just moving around the map, you can never score well doing that. You have to get to a control point and do something. However in a map like warlord, where there is choke points, it's good to stay in one place and hold the position. My favorite is the front of the palace by the stairs, it's a ****er to get a sniper on the roof behind you and support guys littering the front of the building with ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by paulwilko
                        It depends on the situation our team is in.
                        If the enemy is bleeding tickets, and there's no indication of it stopping, I like to instruct my squad to defend.

However, if our team is bleeding, I'll instruct them to attack (unless other squads are attacking). However, I don't "send them all over the place", we take one flag at a time, make sure it's secure (defend for approx. 10-30 seconds), then move on to the next.

If neither team is bleeding, it all depends on the current score and what the other squads on our team is doing. In these situations it's important to defend a flag you know that the enemy is likely to go for.

Comment

If I'm playing with mates then we have 3 of us in a squad, one sniper (me), then one medic and one support.

Comment

Working...
                          X