M95 lethality, and nuts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M95 lethality, and nuts.

I am NOT suggesting one shot kills. Go away now if that was what you wanted to whine about.

I don't care if the damage isnt increased for the M95, I just want to see that it's given the same effects as other grievous injuries like artillery strikes. Players killed by the M95 should be thoroughly dead and beyond the capacity of any medic to revive. The .50 is not kind to fleshies, forcing its victims to respawn is realistic. If the engine supports dismemberment, that would be a nice touch for 1.3, but as always we wont get our hopes up.

Another point. We absolutely must have a unique death sound and animation for soldiers shot in the groin. Seeing your enemy collapse while holding the ragged remains of his junk would be exponentially better than plain old teabagging. I never got a chance to see this in Bf1942 because of the difficulty in coding animations, I figure this time around we've got a chance to make something beautiful. Modders need to take up the torch and make nut shots a vital part of their games, until it becomes so ingrained in mainstream society no company will dare release a game without the ability to target each nut individually.

Discuss.

(Note - If you cannot spell "you" in its entirety or refrain from insults, do yourself a favor and keep your opinion to yourself. I have psychic powers and WILL give you a brain tumor and render you and your cat impotent if angered.)

Re: M95 lethality, and nuts.

Nice post. I enjoy your diction...um. How often do you get to complement a guys diction?

I agree that revivification (as we say in TS) should be impossible after tank blasts, grenades in your face, and headshots (even with small arms). A shot in the bollocks should be revivable, but you would either have a high pitched voice from then on, or you would run around VERY angrily...sort of like berserk mode in Doom.

Comment

This is type of thread that keeps me coming back --- and gives me some sense of solace knowing that there are people playing for the fun of the game...

Cheers to your nice "diction"...

Balzshot..BOOM!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Artillery strikes kill so that you can REALLY clear out a camped area. They'd be worthless if one medic could undo all of it.

If you want a long-range kill shot, use anti-tank. The L85A1 seems to kill a lot with full auto too for some reason.

Think about the game balance implications before you suggest these things, particularly, how overpowered snipers would get because of it.

Comment

I fail to see how it would effect the balance. The difference between critically wounded and killed is not enough to sway the effectiveness of the 50 cal sniper into the realm of overpowered.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Fuzzy
            (Note - If you cannot spell "you" in its entirety or refrain from insults, do yourself a favor and keep your opinion to yourself. I have psychic powers and WILL give you a brain tumor and render you and your cat impotent if angered.)
            I think this should be made a rule on these forums.

Comment

unfortunately, there are so few medics now on SF servers that getting revived is an impossibliity anyway.

also, sniping requires so little skill that giving them a reward for doing it is too generous.

really, in most cases artillrey and even exploding weapons like grenade launchers only critically wound guys 90 percent of the time.

and finally, talk not of realism in bf2. it says that an unarmored target can take 4 M16 rounds to the chest, and keep running and firing while this is happening.

if you COULD take 4 m16 rounds to the chest and run through it all, you could probably take a 50 cal as well.

Comment

Originally posted by IntensivCareBear
                really, in most cases artillrey and even exploding weapons like grenade launchers only critically wound guys 90 percent of the time.
                I'm pretty sure the grenade launcher can't kill (as oppose to "critically injure") infantry. From my experience, the only things that kill infantry with no chance of revival are bombs that land close enough, dead-on hits with wire-guided rockets or tank shells, the M134 (only if you kill the guy and then shoot his critically injured body), and artillery that lands close enough. There's no chance involved (i.e. you have a 50% of dying without possibility of reviving, etc.); there are things that will kill you 100% of the time, and anything else critically injures you.

Comment

Originally posted by IntensivCareBear
                  if you COULD take 4 m16 rounds to the chest and run through it all, you could probably take a 50 cal as well.
                  Its not realistic that getting shot doesnt impede your ability to move or fight, but its an arcade game. We just want an acceptable level of realism for our fictional game, making the .50 so weak is like saying the sky isnt blue. I'll give you a concession though. The .50 should be fatal for chest and head shots, with limb shots revivable. I dont agree fully, but since we probably wont get dismemberments to preserve the games teen rating its fine. (idea there - coming soon)

That said, there are instances in Iraq where combatants struck by 5.56mm ammunition continued to fight. The M16 and M4 especially do not have the stopping power necessary to instantly incapacitate. Its partly because we dont use the appropriate ammunition for unarmored people, and partly because its a freaking tiny round meant for shooting gophers.

I dont know of any documented cases where a person was hit squarely with a .50 and survived. I wouldnt believe that even if I saw it in Ripley's. The .50 will leave nothing but nastiness in its wake, the kind you need a mop and sponge to clean up. I was even going to eventually suggest that the M2 and KORD heavy machine guns mounted on tanks and transports damage apc's, but I realize that may be asking too much. The .50 awareness will go one small step at a time, starting with the M95.

Comment

Its not realistic that getting shot doesnt impede your ability to move or fight, but its an arcade game. We just want an acceptable level of realism for our fictional game, making the .50 so weak is like saying the sky isnt blue.
                    The .50cal being as many as 3 times more powerful than an assault rifle isn't "an acceptable level of realism"?

Comment

Another point. We absolutely must have a unique death sound and animation for soldiers shot in the groin. Seeing your enemy collapse while holding the ragged remains of his junk would be exponentially better than plain old teabagging. I never got a chance to see this in Bf1942 because of the difficulty in coding animations, I figure this time around we've got a chance to make something beautiful. Modders need to take up the torch and make nut shots a vital part of their games, until it becomes so ingrained in mainstream society no company will dare release a game without the ability to target each nut individually.
                      :rofl:

Superb!

Screw the headshot - go for the nutshot!

"Ouch, that was right in the beanbag, don't think a Defibrillator will do much for them, sorry!"

Great post, btw. Nice to see people not whining and enjoying the game for what it is.

EDIT: Mind if I use this quote in my sig?
                      ...seeing your enemy collapse while holding the ragged remains of his junk would be exponentially better than plain old teabagging.

Comment

I can't count the times I hhve been playing as a sniperwith the M95 and so enemy has suck up on my and while I have spotted him and managed to get a shot off he still wastes me... I mean what with me laying prone and him stood up 90% of the time I shoot him clean dead center in the nuts and it does not even slow him down...

Perhaps you should get the explosion bluring effect whenever you get hit in the nuts in the game??

Comment

I think that's a pretty good idea, it would at least make the M95 a better alternative to the M24. Knowing that a medic isn't going to help a guy you just killed would make me use the class more.

Comment

LOL ... I'm going to start shooting folks in the nuts just to get the practice in before somebody actually mods this. I mean, if somebody wasted the time to animate flipping your knife up onto your finger when idle, I agree that some funny death animations would liven this game up quite a bit.

Comment

BF2 doesn't have any death animations because it would mess up the Ragdolls.

Comment

Working...
                              X