Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kicked due to prior kick/ban(but not really)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kicked due to prior kick/ban(but not really)

Hello all, a little problem here in need of some advice. I haven't played for a week or two, and then I join a couple days ago after PB client does its' update to see i have weapon unlocks..woohoo. Anyways, ever since then every server I join boots me out after about 5 minutes to 1 round and EVERYTIME it gives me the pb error, kicked due to prior kick/ban. I know what this means, but find it hard to believe since every server I join reagardless of country boots me and gives me his message, a total of 23 servers now...in a row.
    I went to the PB homepage and all they could tell me was that I must be on 1 of the master ban lists, so I got the site addresses from them and went and checked them out. Using my GUID#, i found that I am on none of the ban lists. So, just to make sure, I created a new account and all 6 of the servers I joined all booted me out in a row again(which is hard to believe since I just made the account). Since then, I have uninstalled/reinstalled PunkBuster and still the same thing.
    Does anyone know what is happening here? This is driving me nuts. If I was actually banned I could accept this problem, but I have never been banned form any server yet(that i know of).

edit--also, does anyone know how o tell who the server admin is??

Re: kicked due to prior kick/ban(but not really)

IF and I say IF you are on one of the master ban lists from PB then it will be a hardware ban so you can keep making new accounts and it will not matter one bit try asking PB and evenbalance (think that is the other one)to check to see if you are on their lists

Comment

How do you do that?

Comment

http://www.pbbans.com/
        http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?...upport-bf2.php

Comment

that is what I was trying to say in my first post..I checked the lists already and I am not on them, that is why the problem is bothering me so much....

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion to the earlier poster, but my problem has been fixed. I talked to the techie at EvenBalance, and he said the problem was my O/S. I was running WinXPpro. and still on SP1. I downloaded Service Pack 2 for WinXP and no more problems. I haven't had any PBerrors since I updated with the SP2, never been kicked out of a game yet in 2days now.

edit...and my lovely wife bought me 1gig more RAM for both our computers...it's like a whole new machine..wow.

Comment

same but mine is guid bann ! Unreal dude how'd you talk to a tech rep ?

Comment

Working...
              X