Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just upped from 1gb to 2gb my thoughts..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just upped from 1gb to 2gb my thoughts..

Well, I'm now running a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with 2gb of PC3200 ram and a geforce 7800GT and the difference is amazing, i can run everything high with 4x aa now without ANY stuttering whatsoever on any map, and it loads up so fast i'm the first one in the game.. Its awesome, I was using 2 mismatched 512 sticks of valueram for a long time but i bought a dual channel kit off newegg for about 160 bucks 1 gig sticks and it was so worth the money.. game is silky smooth now... so if your concidering it, just do it.. being able to alt tab in and out of BF2 with no slowdown is also awesome

Re: Just upped from 1gb to 2gb my thoughts..

me too, done just the same thing. Was really worth it.

Comment

BF2 is definetely a 2GB game!

Comment

lol i only run 700mb..upgrade hear we come

P.S JESTER what text is that in ur sig

Comment

Im at 1gb but going to 2gb just wait :P

Comment

I have 1.5MB over three sticks but i dont think there matched at all. Even when they seem DDR 3200 400's the bios reports memory clock at 125mhz.

I going to have to pay more notice of this for when i buy a new system. Going the cheap route does not pay off.

Saying that I'm one of the first on the maps and everything is maxed out except for the dynamic lighting and 4AA and it runs smooth most of the time.

Comment

2 gigs does makes a diff. usually i can get in a plane and hit the spawn points before anyone else is in the game. is nice to be accepted as commander before anyone else is in game sometimes. same with capping flags. lets me play 1280X1024 on ultra high with no stutter also.

Comment

Originally posted by XXXgrimreaperXXX
                2 gigs does makes a diff. usually i can get in a plane and hit the spawn points before anyone else is in the game. is nice to be accepted as commander before anyone else is in game sometimes. same with capping flags. lets me play 1280X1024 on ultra high with no stutter also.

You say Ultra High - you mean the soundsetting ? What soundcard you got ?

Comment

With 2GB, I recommend you turn your swap file off - good overall performance gain, since Windoze likes to swap a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoukaila
                    With 2GB, I recommend you turn your swap file off - good overall performance gain, since Windoze likes to swap a lot.
                    Yep. That's the holy grail of computing with windows - disabling the blasted swap file. I just wish I had 2GB+ of ram to do it. Anyone know if getting a 256MB (or more) vid card will reduce stuttering?

Comment

How do you turn off the file swap?

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
                        Yep. That's the holy grail of computing with windows - disabling the blasted swap file. I just wish I had 2GB+ of ram to do it. Anyone know if getting a 256MB (or more) vid card will reduce stuttering?
                        It depends. I have a 128 6800Gt, works better than 256 5700 for example. Anyways im also thinking of buying an extra gig.

Comment

hmmm i went to 3gig last week aint made much diff but least im ram future proof anyways

Comment

Working...
                          X