Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game mechanics:heavy weapon vs. sprint dist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game mechanics:heavy weapon vs. sprint dist.

This question is directed to the ppl who know something about the inner mechanics of the game like modders and such.

I read somewhere (a DICE guy wrote it) that the game engine only allows for primary gun unlocks. So we can't have pistol onlocks for example and they can't give the Spec ops any other kind of explosives as an unlock.

Anyways ... I wonder if the game mechanics would allow them to make it so that choosing a specific weapon would slow you down.. If they had a new unlock for the AA kit for example. Something as powerful as a tow but it would make you unable to sprint for more than 2 secs if at all. (well then again it would be stupid to have that and SRAW at the same time )

And now that M95 is going to be alot like M24 + ability to shoot thru glass: what if they made it better so that it was worthwhile for example to shoot small vehicles with it but they made it heavier too so you couldnt run with it.

It has just always bugged me that all classes have 2 or 3 bars in the sprint distance bar in spawn screen. I'd sometimes like to trade sprint distance for a really heavy defensive weapon for example.

The examples above are not thought thru but i'd like to hear your ideas and like i said, i'd like to know if this is even possible.
    Thanks

Re: Game mechanics:heavy weapon vs. sprint dist.

Originally posted by NoseKi||s
    This question is directed to the ppl who know something about the inner mechanics of the game like modders and such.

I read somewhere (a DICE guy wrote it) that the game engine only allows for primary gun unlocks. So we can't have pistol onlocks for example and they can't give the Spec ops any other kind of explosives as an unlock.

Anyways ... I wonder if the game mechanics would allow them to make it so that choosing a specific weapon would slow you down.. If they had a new unlock for the AA kit for example. Something as powerful as a tow but it would make you unable to sprint for more than 2 secs if at all. (well then again it would be stupid to have that and SRAW at the same time )

And now that M95 is going to be alot like M24 + ability to shoot thru glass: what if they made it better so that it was worthwhile for example to shoot small vehicles with it but they made it heavier too so you couldnt run with it.

It has just always bugged me that all classes have 2 or 3 bars in the sprint distance bar in spawn screen. I'd sometimes like to trade sprint distance for a really heavy defensive weapon for example.

The examples above are not thought thru but i'd like to hear your ideas and like i said, i'd like to know if this is even possible.
    Thanks
    Um... you're joking right?

You want to further nerf two of the weakest classes in the game? You're kidding right?

I mean, of course you aren't going to sprint with an Anti-Tank rocket on your back. Yet, then again, one hit from an Anti-Tank rocket is going to render most modern tanks useless. M1's have been known to take a few and keep on ticking, but even those weren't hit by advanced munitions specifically designed to take out a tank. So, I'm for your idea if one Anti-Tank rocket sets a tank on fire, destroys and APC, and destroys a car.

As for the sniper and the M95. You can run with an M95, it's not going to stop you from running. The weapon is heavy but it's not so heavy as to not be able to sprint with it. Heck, by your logic infantry men couldn't sprint with a SAW for extended distances, which they do.

The only restriction that could possibly be put on the M95 is the inability to fire with any type of accuracy past 10m unless prone.

{WP}Paas

Comment

The sprint distance is tied to the armor level of a player not his gun. The heavily armored Assault, Support, and AntiTank troops have the same size bar, but it depletes faster than the lightly armored Sniper, SpecOps, Medic, and Engineer.

Comment

Thanks Demize. That just about answeres my question.

Don't know if u had a bad day or what {WP}Paas, but you're sort of putting words in my mouth. Maybe you want this to be yet another "Kit X needs nerfing" thread but it's not.

What i was saying, or asking , was: are the damage amount, damage type and accuracy of a weapon the only ways to tweak the balance of different classes or could they give ANY class a very powerful unlock and balance it out by reducing the players mobility.

The two ideas i wrote about the AA and sniper kits are merely examples (bad ones i might add) that i thought of while writing the post to make u get my point.

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
          Um... you're joking right?

You want to further nerf two of the weakest classes in the game? You're kidding right?

{WP}Paas
          I think his point is that you'd actually be strengthening them with a much stronger weapon, but to keep the balance, make it to where they can't sprint as long. I'd have no problem with that, all it would do is make the two classes more realistic. I mean seriously, unless there's more than one, AT is useless against tanks, it's sad. And I firmly believe that a sniper should be rewarded for scoring a head or centermass shot with a kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
            I mean seriously, unless there's more than one, AT is useless against tanks, it's sad. And I firmly believe that a sniper should be rewarded for scoring a head or centermass shot with a kill.
            Are you kidding me about the ATs?! I play one ALOT and I can easily and reliably take a tank out with 2 rockets. I love the class.
            I do however, completely, agree with you on the point of the sniper.

Comment

Headshots from sniper rifles (any) kill in one hit already.

Comment

Originally posted by Dantes
                Are you kidding me about the ATs?! I play one ALOT and I can easily and reliably take a tank out with 2 rockets. I love the class.
                I do however, completely, agree with you on the point of the sniper.
                No, I'm not kidding, daily I'll take them out with my tank. It's easy to see where they are, as the trail of smoke leads right to them, so either avoid them, or kill them next time they pop out, and if you have another engineer next to you...forget about. Besides, Anti Tank, shouldn't mean that Spec Ops is better at taking out a tank. I am much more weary of a Spec Ops than an anti tank. I'd like to see AT, get one or maybe two rounds, but those one or two round would take out a tank in one shot.

Comment

Working...
                X