Hosting BF2 server with verizon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting BF2 server with verizon?

Im not sure where to post this but ill post it here.
    I'am a verizon DSL subscriber and i want to host a private game for me and a couple of friends (about 3) but they cannot seem to connect to me.
    The readme says this

COMCAST & VERIZON DSL SUBSCRIBERS
    - Users that have Comcast or Verizon DSL connections may be unable to
    host a server. Please contact your service provider.
    BUT when i start a single-player game and then tell my friends to connect they actually are able to connect?
    Now what is the problem? They are connecting via the internet and not local.

Re: Hosting BF2 server with verizon?

Hmm I know some providers don't allow you to run a server and I believe comcast is one of those. However have you opened up all the ports necessary to run a server? Have you port forwarded these in your router?

I made a post about running a server a week or so ago, do a search and hopefully it will come up about ports needing to be opened, port forwarding your router etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
      Hmm I know some providers don't allow you to run a server and I believe comcast is one of those. However have you opened up all the ports necessary to run a server? Have you port forwarded these in your router?

I made a post about running a server a week or so ago, do a search and hopefully it will come up about ports needing to be opened, port forwarding your router etc etc.
      looked thru the threads you started and found none?

Comment

Originally posted by Coderedpl
        looked thru the threads you started and found none?
        I didn't start the thread I replied to it and I was the 2nd post let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: Found it

GL

Comment

ok wow!!!
          I unlocked all the ports before (like 1.5 months ago) and it didnt work
          i tried again today via normal way and it worked

always freakin happens when i start a thread!

Comment

Working...
          X