Simultaneous Crash to Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simultaneous Crash to Desktop

This has happened to me many times and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same issue.

Playing on a server (32 player last night) with about 8 guys in our clan with Teamspeak going and F@*K, I just crashed to desktop" and, at the same time, two others in the server had the same thing happen to them.

This has happened several times. The guys left on the server say they just see a bunch of disconnected messages (not just our guys - others too) and, I'd imagine, if it were an issue of someone hating us that we would all get kicked but it seems arbitrary and we are able to restart and join.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know what causes this?

Re: Simultaneous Crash to Desktop

Had the exact same thing happen to us a few times. Don't know the cause, but it's annoying.

Comment

I have noticed this kind of thing before. My evidence is indirect though as I was on an almost full 64 player server and after I started up BF2 again and got back in there (it took only a few minutes) where only about 10 people playing...

I have seen this a few times...

I wondoer if the server was performing a timed shutdown or something (or simply fell over and restarted itself)...

Comment

Thats a rather old story...

I think everyone has had this happen to them...

Just like the

"Loosing connection to server" for a couple of seconds...
        Sometime it also drops you...

I just wish that Alt+F4 would exit back to desktop without thrashing my harddrives for 5 minutes UNLIKE when it crashes to desktop and your good to go again within seconds...

Comment

I think we can eliminate the shutdown because others keep on playing as if nothing happened.

Comment

yeah i play with a mate on teamspeak and we have both crashed to the dekstop at the same time before.

I think its basically somthing with the server that makes your client do it.

Its like if the 'auth' is down and you can't login bf2 always crashes if it can't login and you try to.

Comment

Originally posted by PermenentMarker
              I just wish that Alt+F4 would exit back to desktop without thrashing my harddrives for 5 minutes UNLIKE when it crashes to desktop and your good to go again within seconds...
              And the fact that "Unloading Resources" when you bail out while a map is loading takes 5 times longer than loading all of the resources. I only use Alt+Tab to get back to desktop when I'm in the menu section else my mouse doesn't work while in windows.

Comment

Working...
              X