Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie question...

Yes, I know, I am full of them...but here it is:

When gaining rank, other than unlocks, what benefits does it give you? Someone mentioned to me in my squad vo-comm the other day that rank made you more accurate. Is this true? If so, how? Does it lower your deviation slightly or what's the deal?

Also, the M4...it seems like kind of a crappy gun to me. I really enjoy playing Spec Ops, I enjoy the role...but are the unlocks for Spec Ops better than the M4? Which unlock should I take as a player who primarly plays Spec Ops?

Re: Another newbie question...

Higher rank lets you be commander before players of lower rank. Nothing else.

Comment

G36C rules for Spec Ops, but the SCAR-L isn't too good. However, with the addition of the G36E for the medic kit the C version is out classed, but that's not to say it's not better than the M4.

Gaining rank gives you higher priority over the commander position. It gives you no accuracy or stamina benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Tegan
        Yes, I know, I am full of them...but here it is:

When gaining rank, other than unlocks, what benefits does it give you? Someone mentioned to me in my squad vo-comm the other day that rank made you more accurate. Is this true? If so, how? Does it lower your deviation slightly or what's the deal?

Also, the M4...it seems like kind of a crappy gun to me. I really enjoy playing Spec Ops, I enjoy the role...but are the unlocks for Spec Ops better than the M4? Which unlock should I take as a player who primarly plays Spec Ops?
        The higher rank will give you high priority in filling in a commander position than the low life peons.

Comment

Same as above, it just gives you unlocks and the better chance at getting commander. I have, though, also seen it rank players in a squad somewhat...For instance, say there is already a Squad leader in place. When I join the squad, if there is someone else besides squad leader already in the squad they will be placed below me in the list if I have a higher rank. The opposite has also happened to me also when higher ranked players join the squad, I get bumped down one....

Comment

Originally posted by goof72
            Higher rank lets you be commander before players of lower rank. Nothing else.
            Incorrect - higher commander pts give you command before others. Rank has nothing to do with it. I know because I have seen people with rankings 2 lower than myself win the commander election.

Comment

The G36C is NOT more powerful then the M4...

However, it is more accurate...
              You can very easely kill people from far with the gun, you can spray the first 4 bullets very well...

Its a pretty good gun... but I still find it weak in damage.

Comment

when you rank up, it says you have recieved a promotion, and it continues to say your new rank will give you precidence over players of lower rank

Comment

Originally posted by BeerStein
                  Incorrect - higher commander pts give you command before others. Rank has nothing to do with it.
                  So that's why it says ingame "A player with a higher rank than you has filled the Commander position.", right? :laugh: I love how people come in here with some off the wall reference, and nothing to back it up.

"When you join or begin a match, you can attempt to elect yourself as your team's commander,
                  but there are some restrictions to this class. The first is that, when multiple people want to
                  become the commander, the game will default to the player who has the highest rank."

From the GameSpot BF2 Guide

Comment

Working...
                  X