a lot of freezes with win xp pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a lot of freezes with win xp pro

Battlefield 2 freezes alot on me latley. I then just keep hearing some stuttering sound and nothing happens. I will usualy have to restart my whole system. Everything gets realy realy slow. I have win xp 64. Does anybody here have the same problem. Do ypu have any suggestions on what to do? I already installed the latest nvidia drivers, updated punkbuster, turned off firewall and virus protections. None of those things helped. Maybe it's 1 of those Asus tools, I have Ai Booster, Cool & Quite and Pc Probe 2 running. Any known issues with those?

Here my system:
    Windows XP x64 Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
    Directx 9.0c
    Asus A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
    Athlon 64 3200+
    Nvidia GeForce 6800
    1 GB ram

Re: a lot of freezes with win xp pro

Turn off cool n' quiet. Give that a go.

Comment

when i updated PB i had freeze to mabye is that the prob and there are ohter pll that haf trouble whit PB

But every PC is diff

Comment

Yes, I would certainly recommend turning off Cool n' Quiet.

Comment

ok I turned of Cool & Quite. Still freezes occaisonaly. Thanks anyway.

Comment

I have the same board as you (Premium not deluxe though...I'd assume the remedy might be the same).
            It seems (to me, I'm no pc technician) that these boards dislike the drivers that came on the disc with the board, I was having major problems with BSoD's, random crashings, corrupt files upon completion of downloads, you name it....It had got to the point where I was about to send it back and get something else....Then I read to not install a ton of stuff onto it. So, a format later, the only drivers from the software disc that I installed was the yukon ethernet ones.
            The other drivers for it I installed was the audio ones only, which I decided to download from the ASUS site all others have been left off, for now.
            I've heard a few reports that the nFirewall or whatever its called is pretty botchy, too..Could be a cause?
            Let us know how you go, mate.

Comment

Alright I turned off Anti-Alaising and that seems to have solve the issue. But I'l maybe also get rid of some of the drivers that came with the Asus board cause some of them seem quite useless. Thanks for the quick help everyone.

Comment

try better cooling
                as a test
                remove side panel
                get fan from wal-mart (or anywhere)
                $5-10 (small 9" desktop)
                this worked for one of my systems
                no problems since

Comment

Working...
                X