Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some or actualy most BF2 players need some glasses .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some or actualy most BF2 players need some glasses .

I don't get it anymore, when getting in a chopper as pilot, I try to give the gunner the most kills and use the misiles as back up or urgent killing to do .

BUT : even when flying like almost 1Mph , there are a whole bunch of enemy's under our feet , the gunner just don't see them , shooting some crap and missing like hel .

The other way around , you get in chopper as gunner, pilot just fly around killing almost nothing because he just fly's over every enemy, this because he just doesn't see them .

A good pilot or gunner is rare, they are mostly blind as hel , don't spot enemy's , kill very litle and end up against a three .

Re: Some or actualy most BF2 players need some glasses .

F9 key

nuff' said!

Comment

Good luck flying from third-person. I hate that camera view, I can't keep the chopper very steady without the HUD.

I agree about the gunners though...so ofte, my gunner will just spray and spray the gun as soon as he gets in (just shooting grass and hills...) but then I hover in front of infantry that is in clear view and he does nothing! And then starts shooting the gun at tanks! Grr! "Use the TV missile" I cry. He doesn't respond.

This is why I like playing when me and my mate are both online at the same time. The two of us in the same room can shout at each other while piloting + gunning, and it leads to good kill rates. "He's down there! Shoot the windows! TV missile this tank I'm just about to swing around behind!" etc.

VoIP is also good for this...but not enough people use it.

Comment

Originally posted by dR-Jester
        F9 key

nuff' said!
        That must be the only reason. They don't press it so they cant see all the enemies on the ground close to them.

Comment

Ah well... it's hard to find any seasoned co-pilots/pilots (I like mine in jalapeno peppers).
          But when you do- it becomes one god-awfully good experience. I've gotten in a chopper with some of the best pilots/co-pilots ever. And sometimes some of the worst.
          Isn't there a way to engage free-look when you're flying? (i.e the ctrl key)- this way you might be able to help spot enemies. But hey, sometimes our co-pilots simply sucks. Even I'm not so sharp all the time. But I do my best

Comment

I feel your pain. Get me a good pilot and I'll shoot down choppers with the TV all game. Tanks/APCs are the easy part. Too bad most pilots seem to think the AH is just a big mobile rocket launcher and never aim high enough for me to hit anything.

Comment

I had an awesome pilot last night, we kicked some booty.

I find that sometimes, even if the pilot is decent, they still have no concept of the gunners actual view. One guy last night was hovering nice and easy, lining me up, but he was just tooo close, I couldn't see what he was lining up for. And the ones I spotted for him, same thing too close. I prefer the pilot to stay high, If he's good, than planes and AA, aren't much of an issue, and gives me more time to track with the TV. The trick is to constantly move, and learn how to line up while on the move.

And definitely F9. I always type it in if I get a gunner that isn't on TS, or a random pub gunner just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                I don't get it anymore, when getting in a chopper as pilot, I try to give the gunner the most kills and use the misiles as back up or urgent killing to do .

BUT : even when flying like almost 1Mph , there are a whole bunch of enemy's under our feet , the gunner just don't see them , shooting some crap and missing like hel .

The other way around , you get in chopper as gunner, pilot just fly around killing almost nothing because he just fly's over every enemy, this because he just doesn't see them .

A good pilot or gunner is rare, they are mostly blind as hel , don't spot enemy's , kill very litle and end up against a three .
                I think it is because there are people running low resolutions and especially at 800x600 it is not very clear with the textures, when up in a helo, the people on the ground will almost disapear in the "camo". I run 1280x1024 and have no issues seeing people from a long distance.

Comment

Ahh, I thought F9 was third-person view earlier. I take it that it's the 'no cockpit' view but still first-person, right? I normally just press 'c' to change my camera once, that gets it there.

Comment

Originally posted by PHPT
                    I feel your pain. Get me a good pilot and I'll shoot down choppers with the TV all game. Tanks/APCs are the easy part. Too bad most pilots seem to think the AH is just a big mobile rocket launcher and never aim high enough for me to hit anything.
                    There's a lot of threads about this already but since i feel your pain too i'm not gonna complain.

Some gunners seem to think TVG's cost you money or something... as long as the other chopper hasn't seen your chopper, just keep trying with the TVG even if u miss.. as soon as you open cannon fire against them they will spot you and most likely take you out with a TVG :P

Comment

I notice the same thing. However, I only get 1-2 morons gunning for me out of 10, so I can't complain too much.

The pilots on the other hand, I would love to be gunner more often, but I find most pilots don't actually know that the gunner is the most important member of the two man crew.

For those that don't know, when piloting, the gunner's main crosshair is about half way between your pilot crosshair and the bottom guide-line. I'm not sure about the SF helicopters.

Anyone that has flown with me will notice that they get great kill rates, and normally don't die within the first 3 runs. Unless there are too many AA aiming at me.

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by NoseKi||s
                        There's a lot of threads about this already but since i feel your pain too i'm not gonna complain.

Some gunners seem to think TVG's cost you money or something... as long as the other chopper hasn't seen your chopper, just keep trying with the TVG even if u miss.. as soon as you open cannon fire against them they will spot you and most likely take you out with a TVG :P
                        I could be wrong, but I think the TV missile will set off the paint alarm. Not that I care if they see me anyway, most of the time I actually PREFER they see the chopper I'm in because then they start sitting still trying to line some rockets.

That's with a good pilot though. With a bad pilot, they try to line up rockets too, I can't get a clear shot, and then eventually both just ram each other.

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft

I feel your pain, i have the exact same problem, mine is actually worse. My mates are in the teamspeak or ventrilo with me! and even though i scream on the mic, they still miss 90% of the kills. Some people are just not meant to be gunners or the pilots. Most pilots don't use joystick. Now no matter how good you say you are, without a joystick, you have 50% less chance of winning against another attack chopper. For the gunner thing, most people have their resolution set to 800 x 600 and they don't even know what AF is. Without those two, most soldiers near you will look like little bushes or rocks. That's the main problem.

Anyways, if you want a good gunner or a good pilot, PM me your xfire, i'd be glad to fly together.

Comment

Some might also need new graphics cards. I was flying a Blackhawk over a base with 1 of my mates as a gunner. We were on teamspeak. I wasn't that high up and can see the enemy running around clear as day. Nothing from my friend, I started yelling at him to shoot the enemy, 'what enemy?' he replied. He couldn't see a damn thing apart from the base and vehicles. We took screenshots to compare. I couldn't believe how little he could see from 100m away, 140m and all he see's is fog.

Comment

Reminds me of the other day when this guy ran square into my mines. I told him he needed to open his eyes. He told me I was a crappy engineer.

Then he went back to the same spot (where I had relaid them) and started on and on about how I was red-tag bugged and how my mines weren't showing the skull icon.

Then he realized that his 3D map wasn't on. To his credit, I think he said he was sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X