How Do You Get An Orange Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Get An Orange Name?

I saw a guy the other day with an orange name during the game and he told me that you had to go into the bf2 files and change some settings to make your name orange. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to do that cuz I think its kinda cool So if someone could give me a rundown on how to do that I would really appreciate it!

Re: How Do You Get An Orange Name?

It's not cool. Don't do it

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ggxjimmy
        That's the old way.

The new way is to add §C followed by any four numbers into your prefix.

Many servers don't like orange names, though.

Comment

Do not use this. Many servers even kick for it.

Comment

Yeah i found the file to change the prefix to whatever you want... its MY Computer> My Documents> Battlefield 2> Profiles> Global and then you just type the prefix you want in between the quotation marks. I new that you were suppose to use the §C but i wasnt sure about what to put after that... what numbers do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by mpe21
              Yeah i found the file to change the prefix to whatever you want... its MY Computer> My Documents> Battlefield 2> Profiles> Global and then you just type the prefix you want in between the quotation marks. I new that you were suppose to use the §C but i wasnt sure about what to put after that... what numbers do you use?
              Any numbers...I may be wrong, though...I just saw other people doing it by looking at their names on the scoreboard and never tested it without numbers.

BTW, massive text is done by adding §S to your prefix.

Comment

Orange names are for tards who want extra attention.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffMan
                  BTW, massive text is done by adding §S to your prefix.
                  Great...now we'll have another person running around with massive text taking up the whole screen..

MPE, you make think using all this makes you look "cool," but it really just makes you look like a sore loser.

Comment

thanks for sharing the info, yeh big font size is annoying, but i think the orange is ok

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso
                      Great...now we'll have another person running around with massive text taking up the whole screen..
                      They'll take it out soon after they get kicked from several servers.

Comment

Dlsso calm down, eh

Comment

I never said i was going to change my name to a different font size... i just thought the orange was cool. Its different. Thanks for the help... i already figured it out. And by the way, how does it make me a sore loser... its just a color.

Comment

Sorry, I was just in a server with about 6 people with HUGE-ass fonts, bright orange, spamming all over. Insanely annoying! Still, just the fact that you feel you need to stand out from the rest by having a bright orange name..its just, yeah. Again, no worries, hope you get where I'm coming from

Comment

I think it's stupid, and if I see someone hogging the entire screen with their name, like they're someone special, I go look for them and shoot them as many times as I can. I figure they can get a load of their name like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X