Assault woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault woes

I have been playing my brother's account now for a while to try and decide if I would rather unlock the F2000 or the G36E. With the 2 new unlocks and Gunn Sgt right around the corner I could do both, but I already unlocked the M95 and DAO so I might use 2 of my 4 unlocks on the new sniper rifle and the P90.

Honestly I LOVE support, but sometimes I wish I could get that scope for sniping a little, or not have to prone every time I see someone just to shoot them. With the nerf to the noob tube (which I refuse to do anyways cause it ticks me off) I'm wondering if there's really any advantage to the F2000 at all. The assault gets FBs which are nice but people get SO ticked off if you hit them with it on your team, the body armor is nice as well but medics can heal themselves. Also, I find the medic gun is flat out more accurate than the F2000. Maybe it's my playstyle, but I get probably 2x the kills with the medic gun as I do the F2000. Is there a tactic I'm missing or is this why half the players on a server are now medics? Honestly, I haven't logged more than a couple hours with either gun but after 45min or so on the F2000 I switched to the G36E and in about 10min I was irritated that the medic makes a better assault class than the assault class.

Pros
    F2000:
    Sight
    Body Armor
    GL

G36E:
    Sickly Accurate
    Heal yourself and others
    Rez fallen comrades

Cons:
    F2000
    Nade radius getting nerfed
    Not very accurate at range

G36E
    can't throw nades as far as GL
    No body armor

Re: Assault woes

Are they REALLY going to do that? I heard rumors....

Take the g36E dude, F2000 is weak and not as accurate as people say it is....

G36E is incredibly accurate and feels powerful to me...more so than the f2000.

Comment

The G36E is the best gun the game, by a lot. It's the reason no one likes SF players on standard servers.

Comment

The G36E is a POWER house, and i use it all the time now.

Anyone notice how a squad equipped with all the G36 weapons can REALLY own fairly easily?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy8s
          Honestly, I haven't logged more than a couple hours with either gun but after 45min or so on the F2000 I switched to the G36E and in about 10min I was irritated that the medic makes a better assault class than the assault class.
          I love this quote. I wish the medic class was nerfed or something- You brought up a very good point. It's much better than the assault class offense-wise, and you can heal yourself and others plus revive fallen comrades. Body armor isn't even to be noticed, as it will give you maybe an extra shot to survive, and I'd much rather have healing capabilities than that. I really hope the G3 is beefed up a lot to save the assault class, and maybe give them more armor and more stamina. n00b t00bs as is ruin the game and are not a viable solution to keeping the assault class useful..

Comment

I used my first unlock on the L85..

I only did it because I want the G36E when I get SF.

Comment

the G36E sounds better than the F2000 so take the G36E
              Edit: Today I unlocked the G36E and had my first round with 40 kills

Comment

Originally posted by 3Libras
                I wish the medic class was nerfed or something
                What's insane is that they're giving the medic class a buff in this patch as no longer will a medic need to keep his paddles up for an extra few seconds in order to recharge before getting an (imbalanced) 2-point revive.

With the nerf coming to the grenade launcher and C4, you're just going to see even more medics out there now. It's a ridiculous situation that DICE has created. They're foolishly thinking about realism and not gameplay (once again).

Comment

F2000 sucks compared to the MEC assault, don't bother with it.

Comment

Yeah, this is the response I expected. Really p*sses me off the medic is the assault class and the assault class is the "Really big, inaccurate gun" class :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy8s
                      I have been playing my brother's account now for a while to try and decide if I would rather unlock the F2000 or the G36E. With the 2 new unlocks and Gunn Sgt right around the corner I could do both, but I already unlocked the M95 and DAO so I might use 2 of my 4 unlocks on the new sniper rifle and the P90.

Honestly I LOVE support, but sometimes I wish I could get that scope for sniping a little, or not have to prone every time I see someone just to shoot them. With the nerf to the noob tube (which I refuse to do anyways cause it ticks me off) I'm wondering if there's really any advantage to the F2000 at all. The assault gets FBs which are nice but people get SO ticked off if you hit them with it on your team, the body armor is nice as well but medics can heal themselves. Also, I find the medic gun is flat out more accurate than the F2000. Maybe it's my playstyle, but I get probably 2x the kills with the medic gun as I do the F2000. Is there a tactic I'm missing or is this why half the players on a server are now medics? Honestly, I haven't logged more than a couple hours with either gun but after 45min or so on the F2000 I switched to the G36E and in about 10min I was irritated that the medic makes a better assault class than the assault class.

Pros
                      F2000:
                      Sight
                      Body Armor
                      GL

G36E:
                      Sickly Accurate
                      Heal yourself and others
                      Rez fallen comrades

Cons:
                      F2000
                      Not very accurate at range

G36E
                      can't throw nades as far as GL
                      No body armor

Come on Lazy8s, the amount of time you spent researching what should be your next unlock, you can get 3 unlocks in the meantime if u were actually playing. I mean no ofense but it's too much.

Comment

The noobtube will be nomore and the grenade launcher shall return as an anti-jeep weapon. 30m arm distance and 2m blast radius, bye bye bunnyhoppin noobtubers and good riddance.

Assault is kinda worthless, you can't heal and the gun is identical to the medics', minus the noobtube. I hope they make the G3 really accurate to return some point to being assault.

Comment

G36E > F2000 any day. H&K 4 teh win!
                          (german guns > british guns any day as well)

Comment

Upon further testing I found a REALLY sweet advantage to the F2000!! The GL nades can take down the blackhawk!! I found that 4 direct hits can take the bird down if you hit right, but 5 hits will definately do it.

Comment

Working...
                            X