Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Gamer awards Battlefield 2: Game of the Year 2005

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this yet, but:

..in the March, 2006 issue of PC Gamer magazine, Battlefield 2 was awarded Game of the Year in their 12th Annual PC Gamer Awards.

I'd quote or scan the article, but I'm sure that'd get me in trouble Pick up a copy at your local newsstand.

WTG DICE!

Re: PC Gamer awards Battlefield 2: Game of the Year 2005

Yes, I agree with this choice & PCG is a very prestigious magazine in our hobby. Way to go Dice you just made GOTY in the BEST mag on the planet!!!

Comment

Yes, it deserves game of the year....lucky it did get it considering its absurd bugginess tho...

Comment

Definitely deserves it. All bugs and whiners aside, this game is one of the funnest MP games around. And besides, if we look at bugs... SWAT4, although godly and the best MP game of all times IMHO, is bugged as an ants nest, still a great game. But meh, congrats Dice, this award is definitely to the right game.

Comment

I heard that EA will be releasing later this year a GOTY (Platnium) version.

Comment

BF2 got game of the year AND best multiplayer game from PCG magazine. They said the only reason it didn;t win even more is because the game of the year is only eligible for best multiplayer.

Comment

I just got my new issue of Maximum PC. They also named BF2 as there Game of the Year.

Comment

Was this voted for by the readers? If so, then that really is something DICE should be proud of

Oh, I guess EA can be a little proud too..I guess.

Comment

nice, but I think they are lucky there weren't exactly to many good games released in 2005 for the PC , and certainly not many good multiplayer games .

this year there isn't to much to look out for ether, maybe quake wars enemy teritory, but for the rest, nothing realy special comming up , at leasst no for me

Comment

STALKER anyone? although some problems, the release is still there. That game looks great and looking at the screens its definitely visible that theres hard work done on the scenery.

Comment

These people obviously haven't played Pacman.

Comment

Hoorah! I hope EA and DICE keep it up to make games as good as BF2- and of course continue supporting BF2 for a long long time (along with constructively and very very very carefully and wisely fix bugs and all those nasty things that make our fragging experience so hard sometimes).

For one, I hope the don't replace BF2 with another sequel anytime soon, because I'M STILL NOT DONE YET!!!

Comment

I can only agree, it is the game I have played most this year (and I have bought and finished everything else released this year that looked remotely good on the PC too)...

Comment

yes Dice deserves this game of teh year award, but EA does not need any more

Comment

I bet EA's e-penis just got bigger.
                              they'll celebrate by putting out a new expanson
                              or 3...

Comment

Working...
                              X