Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help With Dual Monitors!

Hello,

just today i have figured out that i can hook up 2 monitors. so me and my friend hooked 2 up and we were ready to go. but when we got both monitors set up, we could only have them display teh same thing, or// have one monitor on at a time. what i would like to do is have both screens be one monitor. i want it to strech all the way through both monitors. teh computer that is have is:

Dell Dimension 8400
    ATI radeon X300 Series 128 MB
    Pentium 4 3.4 ghz
    512Mb DDR2 PC3200 RAM
    Soundblaster Live! 24 bit

please help me! i really want to play BF2 on both monitors!

GhOsT55

Re: I Need Help With Dual Monitors!

will never work with x300.... atleast not "playable"

Comment

yah soo. i figured out how i can drag my mouse over to teh other one, and other applications. but i want to figure out how i can drag my task bar all teh way across?

Comment

I don't think you'll be able to do this.

Are you using the 'Clone' setting in the display settings section? If so, that's about it. BF2 probably won't allow this.

..and how you think you'd pull off good dual monitor with that setup I'll never know..

Comment

^ yeah, I think all you can do is the mouse from one screen to the other, and appications from one to the other, I do not think you can have it drag the taskbar all the way across, or play bf2 on both screens. Sorry. BUT I think you CAN play bf2 on one, and do applications on the other. Not sure though seeing as how I dont have two moniters.

Comment

hey guys,

yah thanks for all of your help. i figured it out on my own tho. but i have one last question. when i am playing bf2, on my second monitor it has all my apps. but then why i try to talk to someone on MSN it minimizes BF2 and then it lets me type?

Comment

even if you can see it on the second moniter? it still minimizes? yeah, it is because of clone, I dont think you can do anything about it. or else, when you turned right in BF2, your mouse would go off the screen ^_^

Comment

yahh...were do u find this clone mode thingie? i cant find it anywere. at the moment im using: UltraMon

Comment

if its an ATI card its all set up within hte video properties.. just click on monitor 2 and at the bottom check off extend desktop to this monitor. done and done

Comment

Go into your ATI settings into display and both screens should show up, click one of them, the left sided one and click HORIZONTAL MODE. You will then have the picture in half using both screens. The mouse will move just as if one screen. THIS IS FOR NVIDIA should be same somewhat for ATI.

Comment

yah, i alrady have it split down the middle, but i want teh task bar to be all teh way across. this is so maybe i could play bf2 all teh way across

Comment

It can happen, but it won't look very pretty -- do you really want the image to be squeezed really thin? Eh, I have dual monitors, and I usually keep MSN and things open on the other monitor while I play BF2 so I can see if someone I know comes on. The way it's set up, BF2 minimizes because it "loses focus".

Comment

Use UltraMon to span your taskbar across 2 monitors.

Or 'un-lock' the taskbar and drag it to your second monitor.

Comment

Working...
                          X