codecs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• codecs!!!

My first post my english sucks so dont mind the typos.

But i really want to know what codecs do you people use. I used xvid but premiere for some reason didnt like it. So what codecs have you expiremented to be the best.

Re: codecs!!!

Xvid is a good codec, but when using premiere pro choose to render it uncompressed.

Then using a handy bit of free software (http://www.virtualdub.org/) you can choose to use Xvid for compression and it should work fine.

Comment

And it would be cool if some one could make a tutorial about making bf2 movies (editing with premiere,adding credits and all the cool stuff you see in the sir community movies ) and that virtualdub worked really great thanks Xios

Comment

when i have some free time (writing script atm) i will write one up for premiere pro and vegas..*2 comps..1 has vegas 1 has adobe , i use both cuz the comps both came with em *

Comment

xvid is the best because if someone does not have the codec, you link them to the 600kb installer at http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

Comment

I use Battlelauncher and when I export the video uncompressed (this gives a HUGE filesize but the video quality remains 100% perfect).

Then in Adobe Premiere I export out as WMV (Premiere exports MUCH better WMV than WMM). If I had compressed it when Exporting out of Battlelauncher and then compressed it AGAIN with Premiere the quality would be worse because it was compressed twice. But compressing it the first time wont make the filesize any smaller the 2nd time.

I use WMV because pretty much everyone can play it but If you don't use that go with Xvid or DivX 6 (beware if you're using Adobe Premiere it cant export in Divx for ****, not sure about Xvid).

Comment

Working...
            X