Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big name/Orange color prefix glitch. Against EA ToS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big name/Orange color prefix glitch. Against EA ToS?

I was wondering if it is alright for admins of ranked servers to use the colored name bug? I have some pictures of a silly admin doing it... colony may be interested ?

Re: Big name/Orange color prefix glitch. Against EA ToS?

Someone find that thread where that big discussion where there was whether this was a name hack or not, cant be bothered posting a huge paragraph again.

Comment

Nothing is wrong with it (as is to my understanding, as people wanted it to return after EA removed it), although certain admins don't like it on their server.

Comment

It's a bug and I think that the folks over ath BF2RS and EA treat the chumps who use it ... somewhat... harshly.

Comment

using or exploiting a bug/glitch whatsoever is cheating/hacking and therefor not allowed.

in any game or anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffMan
            Nothing is wrong with it (as is to my understanding, as people wanted it to return after EA removed it), although certain admins don't like it on their server.
            EA did remove it, however someone found another way to use it again. Since then it's yet to be removed, however i've heard of cdkeys being revoked for using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted-
              EA did remove it, however someone found another way to use it again. Since then it's yet to be removed, however i've heard of cdkeys being revoked for using it.

Where have you heard that from? That's funny CDkeys being revoked for using 3 characters infront of your name (therefore making it orange). Please don't make such comments if you are not certain and if you don't have proof.

Comment

Server owners can set the servermanager
                that it can kick players with names like that. That will teach them...smacktards

Comment

I have a orange name when i play and im sick of people calling it a hack all you do is open your txt file and add a few stupid lil symbols and u can change the color and size of ur name. Thats not cheating or a hack so shutup, you want cheating or hacks go look at someone shootin through the damn wall changing the way your damn name looks aint hurting nobody.

Comment

what prefix do u use? PM or summin

Comment

I don't mind the orange names...its stupid but whatever people think is "cool"....but for me it's the people that change the size of the font that gets annoying. There is enough crap spamming the screen while you play, I don't need something else taking up even more of the screen

Comment

For those who use it, are you guys that desperate for attention? You need to have your ingame name stand out by being bigger or another color so that when you kill someone, the whole server notices? Why don't you get attention by simply being good, killing so many people that you are noticed.

The Big font is overwhelmingly annoying, and whenever I see someone with an orange name, I immedietely think of a kid who needs to be noticed.

Using different characters is fine, It's all over css and bf2, stuff like that for your name itself is fine...no harm done.

Comment

If only there were an option to turn off all the text up there.

There is so little viewable area that we're all running around nearly blind anyway. And it doesn't interest me if SumYungGun [M4] 14YearOld****er or 1337pil()t [F15] 27 poor bastards on my team. By the time it's up there, it's history and so are they.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBunny63
                            If only there were an option to turn off all the text up there.

There is so little viewable area that we're all running around nearly blind anyway. And it doesn't interest me if SumYungGun [M4] 14YearOld****er or 1337pil()t [F15] 27 poor bastards on my team. By the time it's up there, it's history and so are they.
                            Actually, part of the game and playing well is knowing who dies and by what. I use this function, just as I use the mini-map all the time.

I also like to see how many folks I've killed.

The one thing I do find bad about the big letters, is that I don't need my entire left hand side covered in bright orange letters, larger than my crosshairs.

PEACE

Comment

Yeah a good part of the game is the (team)kill messages on the screen. It is something that is necessary to enjoying to the full extent.

Orange or big names don't bother me. Although this one guy, Pheroofus, had the biggest name possible and it was highly annoying.

Comment

Working...
                              X