Quick unmodded content questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick unmodded content questions...

I'm trying to resolve the popular "you must uninstall any modded content" error message when trying to join servers. This is the first time install and play of bf2 and I used no demos/key generators. Obviously I have tried a reboot/shutdown. Before I try a total unistall/reinstall I have a couple of queries.....

AthalonXP 1900 rated at 1.6ghz
    Nvidia Geforce FX5200 128mb (updated latest driver)
    768mb System RAM
    Retail BF2
    Patched (apparently ) to 1.03

1) Despite the low spec single player in 1024x768 with 'low' settings works ok, some v.occasional polygon issues with the gun(s) on the HUD but otherwise smooth and ok.
    2) BF2 is on a seperate drive completely to windows.

What do you think? If its the spec then nothing I can do till end of month when a major upgrade is planned just for this game! Otherwise am I looking at a complete uninstall of BF2+Patch, and/or windows?

Its been a couple years since I used my pc for games and forgot what a bitch they can be, can anyone help?

Thnx

Re: Quick unmodded content questions...

Originally posted by wiggy_diggy_poo
    You need to update to the latest patch, namely, 1.12.

Comment

ok my friend is asking me to stay at 1.03 as that it what he (and housemates) are online with now? but if you think that will solve it?

What about the specs? I'm basically not wanting to go through all this as I am upgrading at end of month if my specs are not good enough, what do you think?

thnx

Comment

Well, if you want to play with your other outdated friends (), then at least make sure you have the "Same Version" filter item checked/selected in your server browser.

This should only list 1.03 servers (which will be a very small list), and connecting to those will eliminate the "Modified Content" error (in theory).

As for your specs, I don't know. Given your H/W, you'll probably have to put everything on the lowest quality settings if you hope to play without lag.

Comment

Heheh looks like they'll be disapointed then .... I'm glad you don't think its specs then I'll try the 1.12 patch as I wanna get my stats built in the few weeks I have before my upgrade (plus knowing it works would be nice!). I'll try the patch and let you know...

Thanks for help.

Comment

Ps I tried the same version filter and got zero games

Edit:

Now installed the 1.12 patch and...... the game crashes when joing a server after loading about 50%, gonna try unistall/reinstall on c: drive after some sleep.... But has anyone got any further ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy_diggy_poo
              I'm trying to resolve the popular "you must uninstall any modded content" error message when trying to join servers. This is the first time install and play of bf2 and I used no demos/key generators. Obviously I have tried a reboot/shutdown. Before I try a total unistall/reinstall I have a couple of queries.....

AthalonXP 1900 rated at 1.6ghz
              Nvidia Geforce FX5200 128mb (updated latest driver)
              768mb System RAM
              Retail BF2

1) Despite the low spec single player in 1024x768 with 'low' settings works ok, some v.occasional polygon issues with the gun(s) on the HUD but otherwise smooth and ok.
              2) BF2 is on a seperate drive completely to windows.

What do you think? If its the spec then nothing I can do till end of month when a major upgrade is planned just for this game! Otherwise am I looking at a complete uninstall of BF2+Patch, and/or windows?

Its been a couple years since I used my pc for games and forgot what a bitch they can be, can anyone help?

Thnx
              be glad you can even start bf2 with that system... bf2 is very high demanding/annoying/bitchy/picky...

Comment

i know! I have a patch from a friend to overclock the graphics card which i'll use 'if and only' i can get conencted. I'm reinstalling/repatching now.

I have followed the uninstall guide from GreatWhiteShark so fingers crossed....

Comment

It works and I can join games, but.....

Looks like a dog and is virtually unplayable due to v.low draw distance, then again what did I expect lol

Looking forward to joining at end of month after I upgrade at end of month but I can't really do as I wished and build stats on this comp as its too unsatisfactory for me.

Thanks for help and excellant FAQ's helping me getting going though!

Wiggy

Comment

Working...
                  X