Only finding 184 servers???HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only finding 184 servers???HELP!!!

I have benn playing bf2 with sf for months now with no trouble and usually would have 800 or more servers. Now all of a sudden for like a week i get 184 servers and then it sits and spits out a few more and then stops. my filters are the same as they allways were. ANY IDEAS, ITS ****ING OFF thanks

Re: Only finding 184 servers???HELP!!!

Try removing things from your filters. Like uncheck populated, or other things that might narrow your search. If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.

Comment

Originally posted by djs7795
      ...then it sits and spits out a few more and then stops.
      This type of behavior generally occurs if you are having an internet connection problem. (And if you are having a problem with your upload path, general web surfing may not readily indicate to you that you are having a problem.)

Your profile doesn't state where you live, so I won't provide any links, but do a speed test of some sort and verify that both your download and upload (JUST AS IMPORTANT!) speeds are okay.

Use our NEW speed test tool to test how fast your broadband or mobile internet connection really is. Read broadband news, information and join our community

If your connection is fine, then I don't know. Sorry.

Comment

also nVIDIA firewall screws up server browsers in almost all games ^_^

Comment

geez, I am in Japan and am lucky to find 20 servers with a good ping I can play.

Comment

i did a test in the exact town im in and my speeds were up 4370 kbps down360 kbps are these O.K. this is a new problem for me it only started aweek or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by djs7795
              i did a test in the exact town im in and my speeds were up 4370 kbps down360 kbps are these O.K. this is a new problem for me it only started aweek or so ago.
              That depends on what speeds you are supposed to be getting. If you are paying for 4 Mbps downstream and 384 Kbps upstream, then yeah, your connection is fine. If you are supposed to be at 768 kbps upstream, then you have a problem and should contact your ISP.

Assuming your speeds are okay, then maybe it's like sackynut stated (indirectly) and it's a router problem, like maybe it's going flaky. You could try temporarily connecting your modem directly to your computer, though the change in MAC address may cause your ISP to downgrade you--depends on the ISP. (I have my router shadow my workstation's MAC address so I personally will not have this problem, but you may not have.)

Anyway, as I stated in my first post, if it's not your speeds, then I really don't know.

Comment

Working...
              X