Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about Steam

Hey all, quick one for you (and its probably a really bone question):

I've DL'ed and installed Steam - if I purchase HL2 via steam, do I then download HL2?, or do they mail me a disc?

I'm only asking 'cos the prices are in US dollars and I live in the UK, so if they ship it from the States it might just take a while to reach me.

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Quick question about Steam

Moved to General Gaming.

When you purchase via Steam..you download it. They do NOT send you anything physical...ever. It's up to you to back up your download onto disc.

I like the concept of Steam..but I would rather have a box and a manual thankyouverymuch.

Comment

Just be carefull, cause they don't call it Steaming pile of shiat for nothing.

Comment

^True, the games on Steam are good, but the actual program of Steam is a waste of time, all it does is create problems for you, it wants certain ports to be open and different hardware/software to be compatible with it otherwise it doesn't work, take a look on steampowered.com forums you will see what I mean. I got a problem as well haven't been able to log into Steam for over 5 months, tech support don't know the solution.

Comment

You don't have to worry about backing up your downloads from steam. Once you have something, it's in your account forever. It doesn't even matter if you want to install it on multiple computers or if a game is free, but they start charging. For example I got day of defeat back when it was free, and when I got a new computer I put it on without any problems even though now it costs $15. Everything is tied to your account name. Although steam itself has problems, the friends feature hasn't worked in years.

Comment

Personaly I kinda like steam *flinches*

I haven't had any problems with it and I don't mind having to wait for an extra 5 minutes to start a game. It cool knowing that when I'm paying for the game the money is going right to valve, no middle men. Not having a publisher is alot better for them and this spills over to us, no rushed release dates and so no need for patching right away. Plus, I don't have to go out to the store to buy it (I'm a lazy ass).

It would be fine with me if other devs started doing this. Okay flame away!

Comment

steam = more active x`s to slow down ur pc and spyware, i know many top gamerz who refuse to install it just like me

Comment

Working...
              X