This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got 2 free unlocks

Must have something to do with the 1.2 patch I just started up Special Forces and it popped up saying I had 2 unlocks. There's also a blank weapon in that list of selections.

Anyone else get unlocks out of nowhere?

Re: Just got 2 free unlocks

Considering theres about 5 topics here about the unlocks and an update from EA which explanes whats going on and another 5 topics posting what EA said it shouldnt be that hard to find out whats going on.

Comment

Happened to me too.

Comment

I didn't see anything

Comment

hm...

Comment

EA community forums for players to get player-to-player support, ask questions, share their game and troubleshooting experience.

We have a small heads up announcement regarding the next couple of weeks in BF2. Things are rolling along for the patch and the booster pack, and as expected you'll likely see them later this month. The patch will come first, and be well in place in time for the first Booster. That said, we want to inform you of a small oddity you may see in-game while we get the various aspects coordinated.

Short explanation: At some point in the next couple of weeks, you will see an empty in-game window pop-up, just like you received an award. This is just GameSpy detecting now that when the patch comes out you will get another weapon unlock. You should only ever see it once or twice, depending on how high your rank and how many unlocks you’ll have coming. Once the patch is out, your weapon unlock will be available in the BFHQ tab and you can make your choice.

Long Explanation: The next patch is going to give many players another weapon unlock at their current rank. In order to get the best testing results we are having GameSpy configure up the weapon unlocks now on their end. This allows us to test them in a true environment, which is rather effective. The side effect of this is that when this is first in place you are likely to see an empty placeholder message. It will look just like you received an award and will appear once for each unlock you’ve earned. This message would be telling you that you have received another weapon unlock, but we haven't patched the weapons in yet. So you will see this placeholder message which is harmless. When the patch is in place though, the stats system will think you already got your notification in- game. So you will want to hit the BFHQ tab and unlock your free weapon.

Thank you everyone for your attention, and we hope you all enjoy the upcoming new content! Game on.

- Shawn
            Producer, Battlefield Live
            EA Online

Comment

Originally posted by -(PK)-DarkIllusion
              Congratulations you just linked to a thread that isn't any older than this one!

Comment

Ohwell, i also received two unlocks which i'm using at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by JAPIO
                  Ohwell, i also received two unlocks which i'm using at the moment
                  Ok I dont get this all very good but wouldn't it be better to see what the unlocks will be when the patch comes out? You might just have 'wasted' them on something else...

Comment

So the two unlocks that came up this morning, and I used thinking Yaay, goodies for me! are the unlocks for the patch that i now think i may have actually wasted instead of waiting ?

Oh,bugger!

Comment

happened to my frined around 10

Comment

Man...sooo many threads about this.

Comment

Working...
                        X