• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my comp run this game?

Memory: 510 MB Ram
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40 GHz
    Video Card: GeForce FX 5200

Can my comp handle this game? And if so, what setting?

Re: Can my comp run this game?

how much memory does your video card have ?

Comment

It has 128.0 MB

Comment

then from the looks, it probably can. BF2 is picky though...

Comment

I'm afraid not. You need at least 1gb of RAM to have an enjoyable experiance. Your vid card isn't too great either. However, you may be able to pull it off with a few video lag issues on all low settings.

Comment

Well this sucks ..... so absolutly nothing on at least medium?

Comment

My old system was similar to yours performance wise and it played it. I ran the demo on a 5500 FX (ugh!) but it ran on all low settings 800x600 res, and since its an FX card, i see no reason why the 5200 wouldnt work on it. Just know that it wont be pretty. With 512MB ram it had some swap time with the Hard drive so it would chug every now and then as well.

I advise an upgrade before playing the game. Just run the demo and that will be a good indicator for you.

Comment

i have exactly the same computer as you, (except i have a 3 ghz processor) and it runs pretty well on settings all on low except for audio, at medium

Comment

new video card (alteast an nvidia 6800, you're gonna get killed by the games in 2006 if you get anything lower)

more ram (i'm an idiot and stuck with 512 ram, you need atleast 1 gig, but hey, i'm getting an xbox360 so eh...)

Yes you can run the game

Comment

it sure can run it ...i have a simliar system...just dont be too surprised when u find urself with major lag...i recommend doing a bunch of tweaking to ur system and ull get around 21-30 average fps which is smooth and playable

Comment

Whats with half these idiots saying you need at least 1gb ram?

My other pc is almost the same as mentioned in the first post except athlon64 3200+ and i can run the game fine on low with 40-50fps. I know having 1gb or more will give a huge performance and loading boost but it's not the freaking minimum required.

Comment

you can run the game, but barely.

Comment

I had the near exact system, It ran decently enough before the 1.12 patch. After that I was very lucky to get 25 fps constantly. Yes it will run the game, but it will lag like crazy.

Comment

It will be able to, but with a lot of texture lag, blocky movement and stuttering. Your most important upgrade should be a much better video card (a 6600gt is the minimum for an enjoyable experience) then at least a gig of ram.

Comment

You can run the game. Won't be able to enjoy it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X