Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X850 pro driver help!

hello,

i have a lsight problem. i wanted to reinstall my driver for my "ATI X850 Pro". but ran into a problem. i dont knwo what to uninstall. i tried unitalling using teh ATI softwar unistall utility, and that removed everything that the driver came with. and then i installed the "6.1 Omega Drivers". and now when i start up my computer starts looking for new hardwar. HELP

P.S i am running on XP

SoulHarvester

Re: X850 pro driver help!

Run cat uninstaller > Run driver cleaner pro > Restart > Let windows find the driver. Once it does that it will tell you no drivers found (that is what you want). Make are sure to check the box to where you do not want the prompt to show up on your next reboot. > Reinstall any drivers you want.

Comment

the search for new drivers poped up and there are no options to check for what it should do at the next restart.

Comment

I dont know why everyone suggests driver cleaner.

I've never had any issues from upgrading drivers or rolling back or anything.

I mean, my card is a general POS, but its because it overheats, not because of the drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJordus
          I dont know why everyone suggests driver cleaner.

I've never had any issues from upgrading drivers or rolling back or anything.

I mean, my card is a general POS, but its because it overheats, not because of the drivers.
          People have problems with their drivers, Driver Cleaner cleans stuff that uninstallers dont.

Comment

the search for new drivers poped up and there are no options to check for what it should do at the next restart.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Shpox
              People have problems with their drivers, Driver Cleaner cleans stuff that uninstallers dont.

I know. But everyone recommends it as to imply that you HAVE to use driver cleaner.

When that is not the case, and it certainly seems it wouldnt be the case in 80% of PCs.

Maybe the issues are more widespread than I am aware.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulHarvestor
                Did you allow the search ?

Comment

make sure you got the latest ATI catalyst. I just bought X850 XT and I had same problem with the driver that came in the box, After downloading the latest catalyst, evrything works fine and I can play BF2 with 1600x1200 and most details full power.

Comment

Working...
                  X