New unlocks without being promoted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New unlocks without being promoted?

I just logged into bf2 today and i suddenly am awarded with 2 new unlocks, as if i was promoted to master sergeant. But my score is still 17357 and i am still a Gunnery sergeant, according to the official BFHQ and bf2s. I did not get special forces (already got those 2 unlocks) to get them. Anyone else have this?

Re: New unlocks without being promoted?

Yea i got the same thing just now

Comment

Yup I'm a first sergeant and I just got the same thing as well, some new EA scheme?

Comment

Also my weapon flare animations look all red and weird... wtf is happening?

Comment

i cant wait to find out

Comment

I think it could be the new that is comming..

Comment

I'm a Sargent Major, and I too was just gifted with two "uknown" unlocks... For those of you that have yet to see it, it simply says "unknown" or N/A... something along those lines where the name/class and the usual information should be... I was just watching SG-1 so I am totally jazzed about the fact I may have been gifted a new P-90... Ironically, in the trailer for the episode after Ethon- I saw Lt. Col. Carter wielding what seemed to be an MP-7... Any ideas what is going down folks?

Comment

Check this thread

Note: upcoming unlock messages
                Posted:Feb 4, 2006 12:57 AM Reply Alert

We have a small heads up announcement regarding the next couple of weeks in BF2. Things are rolling along for the patch and the booster pack, and as expected you'll likely see them later this month. The patch will come first, and be well in place in time for the first Booster. That said, we want to inform you of a small oddity you may see in-game while we get the various aspects coordinated.

Short explanation: At some point in the next couple of weeks, you will see an empty in-game window pop-up, just like you received an award. This is just GameSpy detecting now that when the patch comes out you will get another weapon unlock. You should only ever see it once or twice, depending on how high your rank and how many unlocks you’ll have coming. Once the patch is out, your weapon unlock will be available in the BFHQ tab and you can make your choice.

Long Explanation: The next patch is going to give many players another weapon unlock at their current rank. In order to get the best testing results we are having GameSpy configure up the weapon unlocks now on their end. This allows us to test them in a true environment, which is rather effective. The side effect of this is that when this is first in place you are likely to see an empty placeholder message. It will look just like you received an award and will appear once for each unlock you’ve earned. This message would be telling you that you have received another weapon unlock, but we haven't patched the weapons in yet. So you will see this placeholder message which is harmless. When the patch is in place though, the stats system will think you already got your notification in- game. So you will want to hit the BFHQ tab and unlock your free weapon.

Thank you everyone for your attention, and we hope you all enjoy the upcoming new content! Game on.

- Shawn
                Producer, Battlefield Live
                EA Online
                That should splain it vaugely.

Comment

don't rush the unlocks we don't know the blanks yet

Comment

Working...
                  X