2 Free unlocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Free unlocks

It's official now, those are premesures for the new unlocks! I quote Shawn, BF2 Live Producer from "BF2RankedServers.com"

We have a small heads up announcement regarding the next couple of weeks in BF2. Things are rolling along for the patch and the booster pack, and as expected you'll likely see them later this month. The patch will come first, and be well in place in time for the first Booster. That said, we want to inform you of a small oddity you may see in-game while we get the various aspects coordinated.

Short explanation: At some point in the next couple of weeks, you will see an empty in-game window pop-up, just like you received an award. This is just GameSpy detecting now that when the patch comes out you will get another weapon unlock. You should only ever see it once or twice, depending on how high your rank and how many unlocks you’ll have coming. Once the patch is out, your weapon unlock will be available in the BFHQ tab and you can make your choice.

Long Explanation: The next patch is going to give many players another weapon unlock at their current rank. In order to get the best testing results we are having GameSpy configure up the weapon unlocks now on their end. This allows us to test them in a true environment, which is rather effective. The side effect of this is that when this is first in place you are likely to see an empty placeholder message. It will look just like you received an award and will appear once for each unlock you’ve earned. This message would be telling you that you have received another weapon unlock, but we haven't patched the weapons in yet. So you will see this placeholder message which is harmless. When the patch is in place though, the stats system will think you already got your notification in-game. So you will want to hit the BFHQ tab and unlock your free weapon.

Thank you everyone for your attention, and we hope you all enjoy the upcoming new content! Game on.

Re: 2 Free unlocks

EA felt generous?

Comment

No clue, maybe it's for the new Sniper/AT unlocks?

Comment

yea just got my last 2 unlocks.i shoudn,t have got them yet.so did 3 other in my clan wonder whats going on.but im no complaining tho

Comment

Just wondering but isn't that possibly from special forces, that gives you free unlocks, depending on your rank.

Comment

Nope it definetly isn't, I already have my unlocks.. I'm thinking it's for that.

Comment

Ha, I had this too, and thought I'd come here and see if anyone else had the same deal going on. I just popped out of a game and it said I had 2 new unlocks. Unfortunately I was in a rush and chose 2 instead of waiting for the new weapons with the patch. :-(

Comment

what unlocks should i get?

Comment

You could report this to EA, post it in their forums, usually there is someone on the forums that works for EA, but thats up to you if you want to let them know.

Comment

Since im Sgt. Maj my unlocks said unidentified

Comment

Yeah just happened to me too. funny thing is though that if you go into standard BF2 and cycle through the unlocks there are two blank ones????? Presume this was meant to coincide with the patch and the chance to get the new weapons.

Comment

good, so iam not going crazy....
                        I got my two.
                        Chris

Comment

^Didn't know there was new weapons with the patch, which weapons are going to be avalible. Also new weapons with the booster pack aswell.

Comment

yea i noticed that one of them is blank, so that might be the place holder for the new ones.

Comment

I just got them as well. It's worth noting that there are two empty unlock pages with no picture or description.

Also does everyone else who got the free unlocks have SF?

Comment

Working...
                              X