Noob God or L33T Hacker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob God or L33T Hacker?

Never had anything like this happen to me since the game came out, despite having flown against some VERY good pilots, so I gotta ask.

Last night, playing Gulf of Oman. I'm on MEC and have the Su-30. As I'm rearming, I get a lock tone. So, I bank hard right and check my external reverse view. Nothing there. As soon as I switch back to the cockpit view, *blam* shot down. Now, I was still banking, and I was at full health on the jet. So I'm thinking, WTF? It takes two air to air missles to bring down any jet in the game.

So, the same thing happens not once, but two to three times more. Each time, I get the lock tone, bank hard, get shot down. I simply explode - no half vehicle health, nada. Now, had this been a top pilot, I'd be thinking that I need to learn some new techniques. However, this guy has under 15 hours in a jet with a k/d rate of 1.60.

Has anyone heard of being able to take down a jet with a single missle (or it could be two shots so close together that they impact like a single missle, I guess) or being able to take down a jet with a missle when it's banking as hard as it can?

Re: Noob God or L33T Hacker?

nope lol

Comment

i dunno cus i'm no pilot. i know today i was on a sf server where no matter what i was killed instantly with just 1 shot from a variety of different weapons. i thought something weird was going on so i left that server. i may be easy to kill but even i know when something fishy is going on. if i shoot someone 6 times at close range with the dao they should be dead and not have the ability to pull out their pistol and shoot me once and kill me. it was one of those types of games where you just knew someone was hacking.

Comment

IMO, there has been an increase of "fishy" players lately. I know what you're thinking, "n00b, just cuz u get pwned doesn't mean you have to start crying omghax". But here's the deal. I have logged a ridiculous number of hours in this game (close to 1,000) and I know what's possible and not possible to do given the current random cone of fire and I know what is a reasonable amount of "battlefield awareness" for someone to possess. All of that being said, there are some very good players out there, but there are also some players that pull off some stuff that lead me to promptly hit the disconnect button.

Comment

Attack helicopter TV missile? No idea if it produces a lock tone. Could've been AT rocket too.

Comment

Yep, possibly a TV missle, will take anything down with one hit.

So just to clarify, What was the kill message and weapon used which displayed in the topleft corner when you were killed??

Comment

He gun you while changin to misille, lock, shoot one missile .... boom it happens very fast and they dont have to lock first to start shooting the gun.. The bomber plane is so slow and big is very easy to shoot it down with only the gun.. it have hapened to me and i have done it .. so no hack there.. play with the top 100 pilots and you will see, that will hapen to you all the time..

Comment

I've seen a "aimbot" for a jet once, so I think. The player was ripping everybody apart in matter of seconds as soon he could get the target into cockpit view. He even managed to hit flying targets at 90 degrees with missles. The same goes for the cannons, no matter how fast or hard you try to outmaneuver him, in less than a second, your plane explodes without you noticing.

Yes, he did manage to get into a gunner seat of a MI-28 and magically kill everyone behind the MI-28.

I wouldn't rule out the hacking part. I dunno, he could've been using an aimbot with cannon on you?

Comment

Every time I died it was due to an F35B. No TV missles, no AT rockets, just the enemy F35B. Nor did I take any cannon fire prior to exploding. Had I a copilot at the time, coms would have sounded like this:

"Lock tone, evasive actions." (Banks hard right/left @ a slight upwards angle)
                  "Checked rear view, no bogeys."
                  *BOOM*
                  "WTF was that? We're dead?"

Literally, not a single half bar of damage prior to exploding. I'm hardly God's gift to BF2 piloting, but I have a clue what I'm doing and have gotten at least passably decent: 38.5 hours, 2.96 k/d piloting, can shake most people off my tail, can stay on a bogey's tail. This was something altogether new to me. That's why I'm posting here.

As to an aimbot for the cannon, I can't see how the rate of fire would work out for it - it only fires so fast, and while it takes a healthy chunk out of a jet, it's not this kind of 'boom, you're dead'. The only thing that I can figure is missles, and it normally takes two, so to get taken down that quickly had to be two missles launched virtually at the same time that managed to both hit.

Comment

his k/d ratio sucks, u must be the noob then.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
                      his k/d ratio sucks, u must be the noob then.
                      Wow.

The kill death ratio is one of the biggest hints that he was hacking.

1000+ posts and you still post this kind of trash?

Comment

Originally posted by [RS]Sin City
                        Never had anything like this happen to me since the game came out, despite having flown against some VERY good pilots, so I gotta ask.

Last night, playing Gulf of Oman. I'm on MEC and have the Su-30. As I'm rearming, I get a lock tone. So, I bank hard right and check my external reverse view. Nothing there. As soon as I switch back to the cockpit view, *blam* shot down. Now, I was still banking, and I was at full health on the jet. So I'm thinking, WTF? It takes two air to air missles to bring down any jet in the game.

So, the same thing happens not once, but two to three times more. Each time, I get the lock tone, bank hard, get shot down. I simply explode - no half vehicle health, nada. Now, had this been a top pilot, I'd be thinking that I need to learn some new techniques. However, this guy has under 15 hours in a jet with a k/d rate of 1.60.

Has anyone heard of being able to take down a jet with a single missle (or it could be two shots so close together that they impact like a single missle, I guess) or being able to take down a jet with a missle when it's banking as hard as it can?
                        you said you looked behind you, but did you look behind as you died? If it was a missile/missiles you probably would have seen it.

But bombers are just whales with their extra load, so its very easy to take them out with missiles even if they are banking hard. The only rational thing is he shot 2 of them very fast and they hit near the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Apox
                          Wow.

The kill death ratio is one of the biggest hints that he was hacking.

1000+ posts and you still post this kind of trash?

thats 1,150 to u and me russ.

Comment

I'd say it was from guns.... but if you were banking hard he would have had trouble making you die that fast. If you are behind a bomber and he's flying straight you can take him down in less than a second with guns right up his arse... Other than that, you should have at least seen missiles from behind or something. What was his score at the end of the round?

Comment

Colony -

Nope, wasn't looking back when I died, just had checked my six real quick, then back to forward view. Had it been you, I'd have thought nothing of it - other than 'I just got pwned'. But this guy's stats just don't jibe with what was happening. Plus, have you ever gotten shot down by another jet where you went from full vehicle health to zero health instantly? You've got a lot more seat time than I have, so I'd believe it if you thought it was likely.

Comment

Working...
                              X