Attack Chopper Aiming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack Chopper Aiming

I am having a lot much trouble aiming the attach chopper missiles.

•I take the Helicopters motion into account but they always seem to slip through.

•If I aim down I gain too much speed and end up hitting the ground

•I tried flying low but that made me an easy target

•I am pretty good at maneuvering but I just cant hit anything!

•The cross hairs are very deceiving ant only show the center line, one you take into account the targets motion and your own they are somewhat useless.

Any advice on aiming would be great.
    Any advice on flying would be good.

Re: Attack Chopper Aiming

Move the crosshair above the target, aim infront of the target destination. Let your gunner hit, then do a missle barrage. If all else fails circle straife it and missle/gunner tv missle it. I once hit all 14 of my missles into a fully loaded missle. Aimed a few meters infront of it and *BOOM* 6 kills. Practice really

Comment

Originally posted by David Duchovny
      Any advice on aiming would be great.
      Any advice on flying would be good.

Aiming is experimental: try different things and you'll eventually find the correct way to shoot ;-)

Comment

Great Site! Thanks. I would love to chat but I have the weekend ahead of me and the Helicopter service ribbon is calling me.

Comment

The key is taking into account two things.

1. Which direction/speed you are going.
          2. What angle your chopper nose/crosshair is to the ground.

Take these two things into account...its basically a judgement call, it took me awhile to get good at it, but practice and you will understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Alcorr
            The key is taking into account two things.

1. Which direction/speed you are going.
            2. What angle your chopper nose/crosshair is to the ground.

Take these two things into account...its basically a judgement call, it took me awhile to get good at it, but practice and you will understand.
            The different choppers need to aim differently as well though, the cobra i find if you aim just slightly above its fine also the rockets are more centered.

The Z-10 you have to aim a little higher.

The mi28 im not sure about apart from the missiles being extremely wide out the sides, so its rather hard to hit anything narrow.

Although i have only learned to fly recently so im not the greatist authority :P

Comment

Working...
            X