Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few questions about Project Reality ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions about Project Reality ....

Just watched the trailer, it looks so awesome, but I have a few questions,

1. How much space the installation (full + addon) takes on the hard disk, cause there's no much space left on mine.

2. "Lives depends on each others" Is this real in the mod ? or it's just as the same as bf2 : some lone wolf going around and owning sometimes. I mean is there always alot of good teamwork like PR pretends to have ?

thx in advance for in infos

of course, critics on this mod will also be appreciated

Re: A few questions about Project Reality ....

Hmmmm, im unsure of the install size, it lists the same space as BF2, although i believe the patch you will need only took 32Mbs free hard disk space, i remember that.

Anyways i DL'd it, and it quite cool. No crosshairs, you must iron sight with rifles and what not. Some weapons have been removed from certain classes, for example, Assault Class has no pistol, and Anti-Tank has no rifle. Damage has been way increased for weapons, sniper rifles actually feel and sound like sniper rifles now! All the weapons have had thier sounds changed. You can actually be lethal with shots from your jet to another jet, the rounds rip through and destroy it quickly. No health huds, ammo huds. Sprint increased, but jumping kills your stamina. Tanks have Sabot rounds, and HEAT Rounds that you are able to choose from, although reloading time is much slower, rounds much more devastating than before. Anti-Tank Eryx, and SRAW more powerful. No death messages, no kill messages. BLOOD, yes blood!

Overall a fun mini mod IMO, makes you thankful for all that BF2 gives you. I would actually say if you play this mod, then go back and play BF2 it makes you a better player for sure. So many things i forgot to add which you must see for yourself.

The DL is 250MBs..15MB patch

There is no lone wolf pwnage, unless you are bullet proof. I played single player, im sure online there are a bunch of nutz, and they would make quick work of the textbook "newbie" to the mod.

Comment

ok thx ill try it

but just wan to know if there's alot of people playing this mod online ? or there's stil no online ?

Comment

that i am unsure of.....i have only played off line, sorry.:hmm:

Comment

im gonna have to give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by unknown-soldier
            2. "Lives depends on each others" Is this real in the mod ? or it's just as the same as bf2 : some lone wolf going around and owning sometimes. I mean is there always alot of good teamwork like PR pretends to have ?
            Haha, you bet its real. If you were there yesterday for Saturdays "game night" you will know that teamwork is essential, and people almost automaticall use it. Here is a forum thread of people's reviews of the games we had that night. Make sure to check out my screens in the 2nd post.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown-soldier
              Definitely.

Lone wolves and Rambos will not survive long in Project Reality. Without the help of team mates it is very difficult to accomplish anything. As such, it becomes natural to try to work together as a team.

Don't take my word for it though. Download it and the hotfix and see for yourself!

M

Comment

Remember though, that this is a Minimod - nothing new is added in terms of models (apart from the lovely Little Bird), so the final edition (with a fully made British team) will be a lot bigger.

Comment

I just tried it, it's awesome, now I see why you guys say that lonewolf wont survive long . :]

I cant wait for the full official mod.

btw : It's me or when I shoot with the AK74 (mec spec ops), there's no sound ... weird

Comment

Its a bug, but the 3rd person firing sound can still be heard. It will be addressed in the next release. Glad you like it

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Fullforce
                      Remember though, that this is a Minimod - nothing new is added in terms of models (apart from the lovely Little Bird), so the final edition (with a fully made British team) will be a lot bigger.
                      Thank you for bringing that up. The gameplay changes in PRMM already make it feel considerably different to regular BF2 as can be summed up in our trailer. http://www.realitymod.com/Trailer/

You will be finding an entire host of new weapons and vehicles to play with in future releases of Project Reality so enjoy the mini-mod now but be prepared to be blown away by the full version!

Comment

Project Reality mod deviates a lot from vanilla BF2 in order to be more realistic, and yet they still have the cure-all defibs.

Comment

yea seriously. i wish that have this awesome defibrilator technology in real life. woops i got shot in the face by a shotgun and then a tank ran over me. "clear! you're good to go soldier!"

Comment

Got a Midwest US server running this mini-mod. 40 player w/64 size maps

gs2.clanpsl.com

Comment

Working...
                            X