Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of nub questions...

Okay, these are pretty nub...but I have to ask. Couple things:

What is the 'noobtube'? I assume it's the grenade launcher mounted on some assault rifles? Why is it considered "taboo" to use?

What is 'dolphin diving'? Why is it considered "bad" to do?

I am basically asking because I don't want to find myself doing any of this stuff and have people yelling at me while I am playing "zomg, you nub, quit doing X, Y, Z". I am serious btw, this isn't a joke...I am trully curious what this stuff is.

(Yes, I looked at the stickies and did a search, I didn't find anything with concise definitions of this stuff and why its taboo).

Re: Couple of nub questions...

n00b t00bing is really when you use the M203 or GP30 grenade launchers at POINT BLANK range while hopping...this instantly kills your opponent using no skill whatsoever and leaves you unscathed. This is being removed with the upcoming v1.2 patch by removing the ability to jump and shoot at the same time and by giving grenade launchers a minimum arming distance.

dolphin diving is when you jump and prone instantly and do this repeatedly. This is 'bad' because it allows you to have the increased accuracy of the prone position, but you're harder to hit because you've moving and you have a smaller profile. This is being removed in v1.2 by making it take longer to go prone.

Comment

Ahhh, okay. Thanks for the info I don't do either of these things, but I have learned to go prone ALOT, especially when you come around a corner, or want to peek out in to an open area. I just wanted to make sure me going prone quite a bit wasn't considered "dolphin diving".

Comment

Nope. You'd KNOW if you were dolpin diving.

Observe:

Comment

You will also be accused of using the "Noob Tube" even if you do a 200+ yard shot to take out two infantrymen.

Basically, any weapon you use that kills someone, will label you a "noob" or a "whore".

Comment

Originally posted by Capt_Havok
            You will also be accused of using the "Noob Tube" even if you do a 200+ yard shot to take out two infantrymen.

Basically, any weapon you use that kills someone, will label you a "noob" or a "whore".
            If you hit me at a distance with a m203, I'll tell you 'nice shot' as that is truly using the weapon the way it was meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
              If you hit me at a distance with a m203, I'll tell you 'nice shot' as that is truly using the weapon the way it was meant.
              Exactly true... tho what the other guy wanted to point out was...
              When your good, and kill so much... bad tempered people with frustration due to their small weewee will complain and complain...

BF2 has A LOT of Whiners...

Comment

Originally posted by PermenentMarker
                Exactly true... tho what the other guy wanted to point out was...
                When your good, and kill so much... bad tempered people with frustration due to their small weewee will complain and complain...

BF2 has A LOT of Whiners...
                I'm not worried about this I was a competitive Quake 2 CTF player years and years ago, and while the community wasn't large or as full of whiney babies, we had our fair share of people who occused you of cheating because you could grapple across a map, spin in mid air, and hit them dead on with a rocket while they were trying to grapple chase you. People never want to admit they suck

Me, I freely admit I suck and I laugh when I get killed by someone better than me. Just makes me better over time

Comment

Originally posted by Tegan
                  I'm not worried about this I was a competitive Quake 2 CTF player years and years ago, and while the community wasn't large or as full of whiney babies, we had our fair share of people who occused you of cheating because you could grapple across a map, spin in mid air, and hit them dead on with a rocket while they were trying to grapple chase you. People never want to admit they suck

Me, I freely admit I suck and I laugh when I get killed by someone better than me. Just makes me better over time
                  Well... I am happy that no one ever calls me a hacker or whines about my gameplay...

In other words... I am barley average...

I lost all care about score and skill... I just play for fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Tegan
                    Okay, these are pretty nub...but I have to ask. Couple things:

What is the 'noobtube'? I assume it's the grenade launcher mounted on some assault rifles? Why is it considered "taboo" to use?

What is 'dolphin diving'? Why is it considered "bad" to do?

I am basically asking because I don't want to find myself doing any of this stuff and have people yelling at me while I am playing "zomg, you nub, quit doing X, Y, Z". I am serious btw, this isn't a joke...I am trully curious what this stuff is.

(Yes, I looked at the stickies and did a search, I didn't find anything with concise definitions of this stuff and why its taboo).
                    Do what you want. Why should you care what the whiners on this board think? If it is allowed in the game and gives you an advantage over your opponent, DO IT! The object of the game is to kill your opponent. Period. Not to ask your opponent how he wants to die, then have butt sex with him, then kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                      Nope. You'd KNOW if you were dolpin diving.

Observe:
                      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...dolphin+diving
                      Thats one funny a$$ movie. I have never seen dolphin diving in action so that was a first.

Comment

Originally posted by NatureBoy_Wooo
                        Do what you want. Why should you care what the whiners on this board think? If it is allowed in the game and gives you an advantage over your opponent, DO IT! The object of the game is to kill your opponent. Period. Not to ask your opponent how he wants to die, then have butt sex with him, then kill him.
                        *shrugs* Frankly? Because I put more emphasis on a fun, clean battle than on winning. It's not like I win a special cracker jack prize if I win. Sure, winning is fun...but I can have just as much fun losing provided both teams are not using cheese ball tactics and it's a good, clean battle that is hard fought end to end.

But thats just me.

Comment

i dont like how they are changing to M203 in the new patch
                          (please dont get the wrong impression, i dont bunnyhop, dolphin-dive, or whore the 203)
                          but i cant easily hit people at 150-200 yards (Hint: when using it, match the lines with the enemies shoulder width, and it should land right at their feet)
                          But the new patch is making it so that the nades dont blow on impact, but rather blow after a minimum amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by PermenentMarker
                            Well... I am happy that no one ever calls me a hacker or whines about my gameplay...

In other words... I am barley average...

I lost all care about score and skill... I just play for fun...
                            Heck..I take it as a COMPLIMENT when somebody accuses me of hacking when I pwn them

It's classic..cuz a few times it was when I was hosting a mini-LAN party and there was another guy right there watching me play as a witness. No hacks here.

Comment

Originally posted by xXx-Arc_Angel-xXx
                              i dont like how they are changing to M203 in the new patch
                              (please dont get the wrong impression, i dont bunnyhop, dolphin-dive, or whore the 203)
                              but i cant easily hit people at 150-200 yards (Hint: when using it, match the lines with the enemies shoulder width, and it should land right at their feet)
                              But the new patch is making it so that the nades dont blow on impact, but rather blow after a minimum amount of time.
                              Hey 3xAA3x,

I think that you will still be able to make distance shots with the M203/F2000GL/noobtoobs of all shapes and sizes. The patch will make them arm after a minimum TIME. My understanding is that you shoot at your feet, *click* bouncy, bouncy...no explosion. You shoot 30 or so meters away, and it behaves (BOOM!) as normal, although they are taking down the splash damage a little I think.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X