voip problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voip problem

so finally i got myself a headset with mic, which works fine in ts etc. but in bf2 .. nothing. Now i read somewhere about it must be USB ? mine is the "normal" audio cable. Are there adapters or some solution ?

Re: voip problem

make sure your mic is not muted or un selected on the windows sound mixer control panel

dounle click on the speaker icon on the task bar. Then goto "properties" then check "recording" press OK. Under microphone check the "select" button.....that will now make your microphone enabled.

Comment

like i said , ti does work everywhere , inclusive in windows and ts.Just not in bf2

Comment

hmm, well the USB rumor may be true. I use a usb headseat so i couldnt tell you if anything else works

Comment

Mine is 'regular' and my last one was USB headset. I eccountered the same problem which I posted about to the hardware section but wasn't answered.

My headset is triton 8760 from speedlink. In the site I did everything they said, checked it didn't need any drivers, checked was there any uptades to my sound drivers etc. and was able to test the mic in the bf2 voipsetup.exe but it still didn't work in the actual bf2 . TS and others were fine too.

Then I rebooted after checking all was correctly in windows settings and in battlefield 2. After booting i went straight to bf2, logged to VOIP enabled server and it worked fine.

Comment

this maybe a stupid response but have you entered a squad before you spoke :P and have you checked that the server has voip enabled ?

Comment

Alt-tab out of BF2 while the map is loaded and in play, load up your Windows mixer, bring up the Recording section, check the box under 'mic', jack the volume, hit the advanced button and select 'mic boost'.

Comment

Working...
              X