Need Help: Optimization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help: Optimization

Guys, last week I was on here talking about my lag...well, narrowed the problem down to a lack of Ram..

So, I upgraded to 2gb pc3200 dual channel ram

Now my computer stats are:
    p4 3.0 ghz - 800FSB - 1mb cache
    2gb pc 3200 DDR - dual channel
    eVGA 6800GT 256mb

Now, i dont have a sound card..i use the onboard mother board sound.

This game STILL LAGS!!! I have defragged, changed the bf2.exe to bf21.exe, uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted all the files in the mods folder, closed processes running other than essential and i still lag when ever there are more than 2 guys on the screen..even on all LOW SETTINGS...

This computer should be running the game on all MED/HIGH settings, but i cant even get smooth gameply on the losest damn settings..

Re: Need Help: Optimization

what kind of fps are you getting at the low settings?
    med settings?

Comment

doesn't it say "Please do NOT request help here."

Comment

FPS, not sure..havent acctually seen the numbers, but i would say it drops down to 8-12 range...

Question, would it run better if it is in teh same resolution as the desktop? I normally keep my desktop at 1280x1024..but play at 1024 or 800x600 because i figure at a lower resolution performance increases...is that way off base?

As convoluted as it may sound for me to be asking this, but would my performance increase with higher settings and higher resolution?

I appologize for asking for help..but this is a hightraffic area and I am about to throw my f'ing computer out my window..I need the help...sorry though

Comment

Please do NOT request help here.

Comment

Moved to support

Comment

well, the 1.12 patch really fed up stuff for some people.

for most, like me, it just has a moderate reduction in FPs, and maybe is the cause of these goddamn stuttering probs i get EVERY game that just appeared randomly a week ago...

Comment

Working...
              X