C4 chucking has to go in 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4 chucking has to go in 1.2

This has got to be one of the daftest implementations in BF2 and personally I seriously hope it does get removed in the new 1.2 patch. Some of the recently released 1.2 alpha movies suggest the ability to throw C4 is dead and buried, whilst at the same time others show clear evidence of it being well and truly alive and kicking. As yet we've had no official confirmation from DICE/EA one way or another.

C4 is not designed to be thrown at armour, infantry or over walls and this ability is not only unrealistic, it's also farcical. Grenades are for throwing over walls and/or at holed-up infantry and the spec ops class has plenty of these. C4 should be manually attached to things by walking or sprinting to the object/vehicle and attaching it. Instead, C4 has become the multi-purpose primary weapon of choice for some spec ops players, much like the noobtube has for some assault players.

Remove C4 for chucking and we'll see spec ops become more of the "special operations" troops that they were intended to be, rather than the mess we have now in servers. One guy I saw on server spent his entire time on Karkand bunnyhopping, dolphin diving and lobbing C4 left right and centre. Stupid, crazy and frustrating - yes - but at the same time remarkably effective.

Thank you for listening.

Regards.

Re: C4 chucking has to go in 1.2

Damn straight c4 chuckers are just a pain in the @ss not to mention it's no way a real war is fought by chuckin c4 at enemy troops >.<, fingers crossed that it will be removed in the next patch.

Comment

I won't lie, i do it myself at times when i play city maps because it is my only defense against them. Fight fire with fire. BUT! I'd be more than happy to see it go because i got a helluva shot too. It is very unrealistic and made me put a few holes in my wall.

Comment

BF2 +realistic....nope

It's a game...have fun...

Comment

Originally posted by DrJambo
          This has got to be one of the daftest implementations in BF2 and personally I seriously hope it does get removed in the new 1.2 patch. Some of the recently released 1.2 alpha movies suggest the ability to throw C4 is dead and buried, whilst at the same time others show clear evidence of it being well and truly alive and kicking. As yet we've had no official confirmation from DICE/EA one way or another.

C4 is not designed to be thrown at armour, infantry or over walls and this ability is not only unrealistic, it's also farcical. Grenades are for throwing over walls and/or at holed-up infantry and the spec ops class has plenty of these. C4 should be manually attached to things by walking or sprinting to the object/vehicle and attaching it. Instead, C4 has become the multi-purpose primary weapon of choice for some spec ops players, much like the noobtube has for some assault players.

Remove C4 for chucking and we'll see spec ops become more of the "special operations" troops that they were intended to be, rather than the mess we have now in servers. One guy I saw on server spent his entire time on Karkand bunnyhopping, dolphin diving and lobbing C4 left right and centre. Stupid, crazy and frustrating - yes - but at the same time remarkably effective.

Thank you for listening.

Regards.
          I could not agree more, well said that man!

Comment

I disagree that you shouldn't be able to chuck C4 over a wall, maybe stop people from lobbing it so far, but over a wall.... c'mon.

I have spent plenty of my play time as spec ops, and use C4 for 3 things:

Taking out armor/assets/bridges.
            Setting traps.
            Clearing areas before entry*.

Now, I have never bunny hopped, dolphin dived to lobbed C4 like a loon, just to get kills.
            For me, the spec ops has to be the best class - an accurate primary, silenced secondary, nades and C4 for those damn tanks

* Although I will happily use C4 to clear an area before entry, I won't spam it - it's usually a blast then run in with guns/nades.

I say take out the ability to throw C4, just allow it to bet placed on an object, or dropped at the feet - that way my jump/drop method will still allow me to put a pack over a wall.

But let's face it; there are way too many different views on how this game should be, so we will never be truly happy.

Scort

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy
              BF2 +realistic....nope

It's a game...have fun...
              Agreed and agreed and kind of goes without saying doesn't it?

But, when you have a server full of people playing spec ops in this way, whatever realism and feel for the battlefield BF2 does have, and whatever fun you are having, are both decreased as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Scort
                I disagree that you shouldn't be able to chuck C4 over a wall, maybe stop people from lobbing it so far, but over a wall.... c'mon.

I have spent plenty of my play time as spec ops, and use C4 for 3 things:

Taking out armor/assets/bridges.
                Setting traps.
                Clearing areas before entry*.

Now, I have never bunny hopped, dolphin dived to lobbed C4 like a loon, just to get kills.
                For me, the spec ops has to be the best class - an accurate primary, silenced secondary, nades and C4 for those damn tanks

* Although I will happily use C4 to clear an area before entry, I won't spam it - it's usually a blast then run in with guns/nades.

I say take out the ability to throw C4, just allow it to bet placed on an object, or dropped at the feet - that way my jump/drop method will still allow me to put a pack over a wall.

But let's face it; there are way too many different views on how this game should be, so we will never be truly happy.

Scort
                That would at least be better than what we currently have, although regarding your point "Clearing areas before entry*," isn't that what grenades are for?

Comment

Indeed they are, but I use C4 for an initital 'clear' - but this depends on the area; I wouldn't chuck C4 into a room for example.

Scort.

Comment

I have one top opponent and all that guy did to get that was throw c4 on the floor and kills us both which realy vexed me at the time and still does. He was pinging on the server at around 20 i was pinging around 160 i was only on the server to see some old clan friends and considering i was medic there was no need to do that crap (not like im going to noob tube him). Ill be so glad when c4 chucking is gone 90% of the time its just abused and causes more damage to team mates than anything .

Comment

I bunnyhop, and throw C4s. Hopefully, you would be able to throw c4 after patch.

Comment

I thought it could still be thrown, but you couldn'y jump and throw it for the extra distance (with the 1.2 patch)?

Server I played on last night there was a lot more C4 boobytraps than people throwing it around. You would be all like "ha, a nice undefended flag... Wait are those C4 pac...." BOOM!!!

Comment

I have seen people do that too and is extremely annoying but if you can't throw C4 then it would be difficult to get tanks etc as sometimes you get killed by a stationary vehicle and I have had times when a tank moved a cm I get run overed by it :\

Comment

Can't beat a good ol' C4 boobytrap - always puts smile on my face

One other I use, is driving a jeep near the vacinity of the enemy, then pack it with C4, hide, and wait for one of them to come along and think "ooh! transport. No more walking for me"....... boom!

Scort.

Comment

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Comment

Working...
                              X