A new idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new idea?

i was just thinking; why not have naval battles?
    i mean, we've got land and air battles, so why not add some ships and subs?
    then we could have maps dedicated to sea battles!
    for example, in a 64 player game, we can have 2 destroyers 1 battleship and 1 sub. destroyers hold 5, battleships hold 7 and subs hold 3
    that leaves enough for players to fly planes and act as infantry too!
    i know it would make the game lag like hell, but wouldn't it be cool?

Re: A new idea?

I have wondered why any naval equipment hasn't been implemented in the game? I did like those sub battles in 1942 but it just seemed like they just cancelled each other out and didnt really do much for the team and help win the map in anyway. But the warships did wonders for Artillary and being able to move the Aircraft Carrier was great for tactics though you did get peeps who just sailed them off the map and they sunk.

I think I've just answered my own question :laugh:

Edit: Wasn't there full naval battles in Desert Combat?

Comment

i also think, that they couldnt put naval battles in because with modern technology (Anti-Ship Missiles), the battles wouldnt last too long.

besides, how many ships would the MEC have? lol

Comment

because the whole team would only get 1 ship and all 32 people would be on it

Comment

Ship-Whore!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think the idea of naval warfare is cool, but how would it really relate to the battlefield scenario. Sure you could have sub wars, but thats not gonna help you capture flags and push back the enemy. I never played 1942 so i don't know how it was implemented there. I think it would be cool if your subs could launch nuke missles on land. Then you have destroyers giving cover for the subs. Or something along those lines.

Comment

yeah it was really fun in 1942 when some little shmuck kept grounding all the ships, tons of fun

Comment

Modern warfare is all about the Middle East. It's unlikely you're gonna find sea battles there.

Comment

Working...
                X