Voice chatter, idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice chatter, idea

I like lots of chatter when in a firefight, if under fire you would just yell out "under fire" Or "need backup" without having to press a button. It’s like having an AI control what you say for most things. If there is a sniper in a tower your AI voice would yell "sniper in tower" When looking towards the sniper or when a enemy tank is approaching "enemy tank 20meters" or "enemy tank 5 meters" This would help out allot just allowing you to concentrate at firing and giving orders to destroy or call in air strikes, it would also make the games feel much more real.

I don’t know I could be crazy, but COD2 and COD1 have it for single player and I think its gold!

What do you guys think?

Re: Voice chatter, idea

It would be a spamfest, Spam with eggs and spam spam spam!

Comment

Originally posted by razor
      I like lots of chatter when in a firefight, if under fire you would just yell out "under fire" Or "need backup" without having to press a button. It’s like having an AI control what you say for most things. If there is a sniper in a tower your AI voice would yell "sniper in tower" When looking towards the sniper or when a enemy tank is approaching "enemy tank 20meters" or "enemy tank 5 meters" This would help out allot just allowing you to concentrate at firing and giving orders to destroy or call in air strikes, it would also make the games feel much more real.

I don’t know I could be crazy, but COD2 and COD1 have it for single player and I think its gold!

What do you guys think?
      well if we did just automatically say Sniper! when lookign at him, we could just scan the area slowy without even seeing him, rendering a snipers camoflage practically useless!
      i think its a good idea, but not the spotting part of it

Comment

Originally posted by 0likid
        well if we did just automatically say Sniper! when lookign at him, we could just scan the area slowy without even seeing him, rendering a snipers camoflage practically useless!
        i think its a good idea, but not the spotting part of it

Im sorry but, dont be dumb, if the sniper gets spottted, he would either be in a bad spot or is moving. You will only shout out if you see him, not just because he is there. Also the snipers camo is not ment to blend into the building.

The voice system would be smart, like it wouldent yell out the same comment over and over and over, only once then maybe with a followup.

One last thing, there is already alot of spam in the games voice system, commander yelliing to everyone to fight, people pressing the yes or no butons like crazy and what not, so if anything it will not be any different.

Comment

Originally posted by 0likid
          You assume that the camouflage isn't already useless.

Comment

Originally posted by razor

What do you guys think?
            this wud b a gay idea bc then ppl might just scan there crosshairs across u and not know that u r there but then it wud yell out enemy sniper or watever and ur position wud b givin away

Comment

Well in the BF2 beta everytime a freindly was killed it said "Man down" on the radio.

Comment

I Don't think they should replace the "spotted" things, but having characters say stuff like, "Taking fire!", "reloading", "we need back up" to nearby players would be nice.

Comment

have you ^layed bf2 topicstarter ? there is like a constantly chattering of morons (enemy spotted, need this need that, nemy spotted (30000 times) , bla bla bla , I rectntly even put out the VOIP , it was sometimes so bothering it just couldn't stand it anymore .

three is to much spam already if you ask me,
                  and automated chatter we don't need at all, this only wil tell where you are

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
                    It would be a spamfest, Spam with eggs and spam spam spam!
                    very true...

Comment

ok maybe the spotted enamy part should not be introduced, this brings up another topic, the radar and maps, i dont like the idea that every trooper gets radar, its like cheap, when you spot a enamy there should not be a reddot on map, the map should just be a map so you know where you are going. Being able to see enamy troops should just be for the commander, then he relays the enamy by VOIP.

Ok how about this, turn all chatter off in the game, and just have "us" real people chatter in VOIP. I would like the idea of "shout" Being able to yell in the game to nearby playes who are either in another squad or not in a squad. You can also yell at the enamy, this would be fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X