2 general newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 general newbie question

I searched for both questions but did a quick crappy browse through of the results so i guess flame me or something if these questions I have, have already been answered....

1) On the kit selection screen, by each weapon there are two arrows like > > then 3 bars. For most weapons, all 3 bars are filled up, but there are a couple w/ 2 out of 3 filled, wtf are these bars? I've moved up in rank a few times and played with the kits more (thought maybe that was a measurement of how much experience you've had with them or something) but I can't get some of them to fill the 3rd bar, it is really annoying.

2) Does your player automatically yell "frag out!" when you throw a nade?

does anyone else find it funny when you're in a helo piloting and you just ****ing suck. noooo stopping spinning towards the ground noooo pull up pull up ****k *crash* I just find that completely hilarious watching myself go down not being able to stop it.

Re: 2 general newbie question

You could have just asked someone by PM (private message) I reckon - OR expend this effort you've made to start this thread to actually FIND the topic (usually as a sticky), because your 'quick crappy browse' just doesn't cut the mustard in terms of legitimately posting a thread about this. It would be as if I am flaming you without reading a thing you said.

You haven't played very much yah? Okay fine, if the mod doesn't kill and close this thread yet... well the arrow things and the bars mean how much stamina or how far that kit can sprint. If you're AT, you're lugging a missile launcher, plus a few heavy missiles on you- so you obviously run a bit slower, same as Assault because of the many equipment and weapons plus body armour he has. Spec Ops can run faster/further because they have low body armor and not so much equipment on them- as well as you do need to be a bit quicker to operate covertly.

AND NO, only you find it funny when you crash your helo on an internet game- however; you can do this in single player or on LAN by yourself and laugh yourself till the cows come home- it'll be easier on the guys who want your guts after the match because your sense of humour isn't the same as theirs.
    If not- get a friend or maybe a stranger at a LAN cafe to share your hilarity. Oh yeah, on single player- a bot usually gets in the helicopter with you if you pilot (and can switch seats with you if he was piloting first... how kind!!!). Usually, if you laugh, the bots would laugh with you and give you high-fives after you crash your helo; then share a jolly good drink with you down at the pub afterwards.

Comment

those 3 bars in the kit selection is that kits stamina. the ones that have all 3 filled (engineer, medic, sniper, spec ops) can sprint longer, while the ones with 2 bars (assault, anit-tank, support) cant run as far while sprinting.

Comment

lol @ six... though why u have to act like a mod alot? I mean.. sjeesh you like your life?!

Do we find it hilarious when you crash your helo?
        If your on ranked, we dont share it... go train in SP, empty or unranked server.

Comment

Originally posted by Reider
          lol @ six... though why u have to act like a mod alot? I mean.. sjeesh you like your life?!

Do we find it hilarious when you crash your helo?
          If your on ranked, we dont share it... go train in SP, empty or unranked server.
          I plan on taking his job j/k.

I dunno- I like to vent like most people on this forum. I get frustrated too you know. Maybe I might get brownie points policing this forum and the mod might have me as his personal lap-dog :laugh:. Nah... I'll cut it out... I swear. I am actually beginning to pick up my sounding like a persistent old nag.

BUT I DID answer his question, whilst mocking him for his silliness.

Comment

Hello there

Na mate...you are not the only one to find being new to something funny.
            Its when you've played for a while you lose that sense of fun and humour and things like stats mean something then...and rules ^ ^ .

Keep laughing fella...Games are much more fun when you smile.And forums...

Comment

Do I think it's funny when you crash the chopper and I'm in it? Sure you moron, I just enjoy being killed, eslecially by my own team. Don't try to fly until you learn how to in a single player mode, or on some empty server.

Comment

Even if you are alone in the chopper, if you think it's funny to be incompetent to fly speaks that you have IQ of a 10 year old. I personally would be mad until I learn how to pilot.

Comment

ok so does your player yell "frag out" automatically when you throw a frag?

Comment

Yes, the sound is created, but you yourself don't hear it. All players in the near vicinity will hear you shouting it though.

~Salad

Comment

Same thing for throwing ammo bags and health kits... Keep an ear open for the opposite language than your team and it can help you detect nearby enemies. I know you can sometimes hear footsteps, for example, but can you hear the heavy breathing of an enemy who's just sprinted past your location? That'd be a nice add-in.

Comment

Originally posted by Six.
                        Maybe I might get brownie points policing this forum and the mod might have me as his personal lap-dog :laugh:.
                        Since I've modded other forums myself I'll let you in on a little secret...

Most mods can't stand morons who try to tell people what they can or can't post and act like they are some sort of unofficial boss of the forums. Get over yourself, if you don't want to answer his questions then don't, but don't be a jerk either. You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.

Comment

I hate people who moan about 'cant fly, learn in SP'.
                          Look mate, you fly as much as you want, just try not to take people with you. Or at least warn them.

I remember, going into SP to learn how to fly a jet. But the bots had taken them all. More chance of getting in one on a normal game. Sod the other players, it aint as if most are nice anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGhost
                            Since I've modded other forums myself I'll let you in on a little secret...

Most mods can't stand morons who try to tell people what they can or can't post and act like they are some sort of unofficial boss of the forums. Get over yourself, if you don't want to answer his questions then don't, but don't be a jerk either. You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
                            In any case, I do have the right to have someone be aware that they've done something wrong (pretty much the same as telling someone that something they're doing on BF2 is wrong). We got so many threads pop up about the same things over and over, simply because people can't be bothered to look for it. It is frustrating, so- as a right to post like any other forum user, but not as a mod-wannabe (I seriously hope you did not take me seriously on me wanting to be Mod - because gullible is not in the dictionary ) - I'm just venting like people do about complaining about other BF2 gamers, stuff that needs fixing... and bad posts & threads, but of course, if it's really serious- I refrain from taking the matter in my own hands and simply report it to the Mod - I've been told off by the mod before, mind you; so I do know better, Mr. Know-It-All Modder guy.

BY THE WAY: I did answer his question. And well- hey, I had a little fun in doing so. Did I actually flame him that bad? hopefully not, but I don't think so either. I haven't gone on the offensive as you have. I just posted some light banter, for fun... don't mods know how to have fun?

You special beautiful unique snowflake you...

Comment

Working...
                            X