Radio Command Options [Question]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Command Options [Question]

I know this must be common knowledge, but how do you manually select radio commands (ie, using the "Q" key)?

I know that by hitting Q, you get your standard/default dialogue menu and can select your call based on type, but is there a way to force your player to say "Roger", or "Copy That" instead of "Okay"? I hate it when I'm flying an aircraft, and my team will spot AA and I'm forced to respond by saying "Okay"..

I know that by punching Q, and then right clicking on the "Spot" tab, you can specify manually what you want to spot for your team; does that work with the other tabs as well? Thanks..

Re: Radio Command Options [Question]

There's something funny with that Q Key whenever I press it I can't shoot. But I press Q Again and I can shoot again so yeah.... if anyone gets the same problems Keep hitting Q again untill the radio mesage command thing comes up...

Comment

Unfortunately there is no way to do what you have suggested as far as I have seen. You just have to hope your guy says the right thing at the right time. The right click thing only works with the spotted type as far as I am aware.

Imranq, you stop firing as the left mouse button is used to select options on the com rose thing, so you have to say what you want to say quick and get back to the blasting.

Comment

'roger that' and 'ten-four' are for squad leaders
        'okay' and 'you got it' are for squad members
        'i read you' and 'affirmative' are for commanders

and u cant select which one you want its random

Comment

As a side question, I've heard people say "We need new orders here" but it's not on the Q screen. Anyone know where it is?

Comment

I'm sure someone knows some key-binding tricks you can apply through the console... but I don't know anything. :P There should be a way I reckon, because for the few moments you take to spot the enemy- you could be using for a kill or kill assist.

Other than that, I believe that the Spotted 'effective' area (where the crosshair is) should be bigger. There's nothing more annoying than seeing an enemy vehicle/aircraft, but you can't spot him- EVEN THOUGH you very well saw him, but you were too busy shooting, and then he escapes your field of vision. They should make it an automatic 'spotted' if the enemy's name pops up when you put your crosshair on him. After all you KNOW he's there, so it should be a given that the info is shared without having to spare any extra effort.

Comment

Originally posted by crestj
              As a side question, I've heard people say "We need new orders here" but it's not on the Q screen. Anyone know where it is?
              Try the T key

Comment

Originally posted by Six.
                I'm sure someone knows some key-binding tricks you can apply through the console... but I don't know anything. :P There should be a way I reckon, because for the few moments you take to spot the enemy- you could be using for a kill or kill assist.

Other than that, I believe that the Spotted 'effective' area (where the crosshair is) should be bigger. There's nothing more annoying than seeing an enemy vehicle/aircraft, but you can't spot him- EVEN THOUGH you very well saw him, but you were too busy shooting, and then he escapes your field of vision. They should make it an automatic 'spotted' if the enemy's name pops up when you put your crosshair on him. After all you KNOW he's there, so it should be a given that the info is shared without having to spare any extra effort.
                I think they have that in Call of Duty 2.

I look at my minimap more than the HUD normally to find the enemies, in COD2 as soon as one person sees someone in his crosshairs, everyone on the team sees him. Very helpful.

PEACE

Comment

Working...
                X