Fps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fps?

hey when i type in the command int he console to get my fps in teh top left corner it shows a set of numbers ex ( 85 / 12 ) or somthing like that. what confusez me is which 1 is the fps and what is the other one ment for?

Re: Fps?

The first one is FPS; second, I have no idea.

Comment

thankz

Comment

First is your FPS and the 2nd is how much of your CPU BF2 is using.

Comment

no, the first is your FPS, and the second number is the delay on your moniter between frames. Notice, when your FPS drops, the second number goes up, because the delay rises. Its basically an FPS for leet people lol.

If you hit ctrl alt delte, and then start playing BF2. When you finsih and you go back to task manager, you will see the graph containing the history of your CPU usage will be at the top the entire time. BF2 uses 100% of your CPU the entire time. Seeing as how itunes uses 20% of my cpu, I doubt Bf2 only uses 12 ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by sackynut
            no, the first is your FPS, and the second number is the delay on your moniter between frames. Notice, when your FPS drops, the second number goes up, because the delay rises. Its basically an FPS for leet people lol.

If you hit ctrl alt delte, and then start playing BF2. When you finsih and you go back to task manager, you will see the graph containing the history of your CPU usage will be at the top the entire time. BF2 uses 100% of your CPU the entire time. Seeing as how itunes uses 20% of my cpu, I doubt Bf2 only uses 12 ^_^
            Well Okay Mr Smarty Pants :P

but BF2 dont use up 100% of my CPU my G15 Keyboard says while im playing

only like 50% is being used so HA!! LoL and 60% or my RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by GR|M|IN
              Well Okay Mr Smarty Pants :P

but BF2 dont use up 100% of my CPU my G15 Keyboard says while im playing

only like 50% is being used so HA!! LoL and 60% or my RAM.
              okay but im still right, and the second number is the delay between frames, and not your CPU usage. so even IF you have the leetest processer in the world and only get 50% CPU usage (probabyl dual core or hyperthreading) I was still right about the delay, ask anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by sackynut
                okay but im still right, and the second number is the delay between frames, .
                Doesn't make too much sense though, it's too closely related to fps (a bit like wavelength and frequency), why put both ?.

Then again, looking at the quoted numbers 85/12, it could be 85fps and 12 ms (which is about 1/85 s), which does suggest you're right

Comment

what command is it u type in the console to find ur fps?

Comment

Bring down the console by hitting the tilde key and type in
                    "renderer.drawfps 1" without the quotations. Make sure there's a space between drawfps and 1.

G

Comment

Working...
                    X