Upgrade Video Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Video Card

unfortunatly..i have just descovered my computer has no AGP slot..so i am stuck with buying a Pci card. now..for the time being since im broke and want to get bf2 running asap..im going to buy a 128mb nvidia...since it is PCI and only runs at 350mhz..will the game be choppy or should i be fine? (other specs; 2.80ghz,512mb RAM)

EDIT: its an Nvidia geforce mx4000 128mb

Re: Upgrade Video Card

Which nvidia 128 meg? I have the 6200 128 meg version for agp . I have a pentium 4 2.66 ghz , 1 GB of ram. My computer runs the game at 1024/768 at low-medium. If I put it on low I can put anti aliasing at 2 x with effects at high. On small maps I can play with everything at medium no AA.

I have a 6800 GT on the way so I am getting rid of the 6200 soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SHADOW2492
      Which nvidia 128 meg? I have the 6200 128 meg version for agp . I have a pentium 4 2.66 ghz , 1 GB of ram. My computer runs the game at 1024/768 at low-medium. If I put it on low I can put anti aliasing at 2 x with effects at high. On small maps I can play with everything at medium no AA.

I have a 6800 GT on the way so I am getting rid of the 6200 soon.
      yeah but thats AGP, they tend to run alot faster and better than PCI, as PCI can only run at a max of 350mhz

Comment

I am afraid you are FUBAR here buddy, PCI bus is 16bit, 1-2x bandwith max, you cannot possibly expect to squeeze even marginal performance out of PCI.
        I recommend you buy a new mobo and case (I am assuming this PC of yours is a brand name?)
        http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec....iteria=BA22010 Viola! $45.00 good mobo
        http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec....iteria=BA21554 Case with 430w PSU
        $80.00 for mobo and case
        http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec....iteria=3655606 XFX 6600 256MB $119
        So for $199 plus S&H you could be playing some BF2 like the big dogs! WOOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by 6casper6
          EDIT: its an Nvidia geforce mx4000 128mb
          Thats a directX 8.1 card, I'm pretty sure bf2 needs a directx9 card.
          You may want to verify this, otherwise it's not going to work.

Comment

okay so now im looking at a nvidia fx5200 128mb pci..waht can i expect to get frombf2, low graphic settings?
            keep in mind im not worried about this, im buying a new motherboard and **** on march break anyway once i get my paycheque for that week.

Comment

Originally posted by 6casper6
              okay so now im looking at a nvidia fx5200 128mb pci..waht can i expect to get frombf2, low graphic settings?
              keep in mind im not worried about this, im buying a new motherboard and **** on march break anyway once i get my paycheque for that week.
              dont buy that card... invest in new mobo

Comment

Exactly..don't waste your money on that card right now if you're only going to upgrade your motherboard and get a new video card soon anyway.

Comment

alright then. thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                  X