Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 100 hrs of BF2, I get: CD-key ain't valid, help, reinstall doesn't work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 100 hrs of BF2, I get: CD-key ain't valid, help, reinstall doesn't work?

Tried the suggested sticky, doesn't work, help!

Cheers

Re: After 100 hrs of BF2, I get: CD-key ain't valid, help, reinstall doesn't work?

Have you changed Windows accounts recently?

Did you try my suggestion?

-run "c:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\Support\Battlefield2_code.exe"
    -then run ftp://ftp.ea-europe.com/UK_Support/E...CDKeyCheck.exe

Comment

Re: After 100 hrs of BF2, I get: CD-key ain't valid, help, reinstall doesn't work?

Originally posted by Talus
      Have you changed Windows accounts recently?

Did you try my suggestion?

-run "c:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\Support\Battlefield2_code.exe"
      -then run ftp://ftp.ea-europe.com/UK_Support/E...CDKeyCheck.exe
      After the 4th reinstall, it worked again. This is some spooky stuff. Are they updating code or something?

Cheers

Comment

LOL could be...I've been reading TONS of posts where people are reporting the EXACT same problem.

Comment

LOL could be...I've been reading TONS of posts where people are reporting the EXACT same problem.
          Been able to play this afternoon. Now, again, it states that my cd-key is invalid :s:s:s:s

HELP!

Comment

Same with me, I got the error, reinstalled twice, played a round and then got the error agian.

It is NOT my comp.

Comment

Exactly...it is something on THEIR end.

Send e-mails to BFHQ@ea.com

PS - Have you tried connecting to non-punkbuster servers?

Comment

Exactly...it is something on THEIR end.

Send e-mails to BFHQ@ea.com

PS - Have you tried connecting to non-punkbuster servers?
                Its been running normally again. Don't know what happened.

Cheers

Comment

LOL...see? I hate this sort of random intermittent crap. Good thing the game is so damned good that we put up with it

Comment

LOL...see? I hate this sort of random intermittent crap. Good thing the game is so damned good that we put up with it
                    Yeah, indeed so, got me spooked.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X