Long distance tank terror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long distance tank terror

This is probably an old idea..but anyway..
    Last night me and a friend tried to use the tank as artillery, quite funny.
    One of us sneaked in close to a base, as sniper because of the gilli, and the other sitting in the tank far away start shooting towards the baseflag. Then the sniper can correct the incoming fire. (to high, more to the left etc), I think this tactic can be useful against fly/ heliwh*res
    Here is some tips.
    - the grenade can fly about 850 m, then it self-detonate.
    - Check on map that nothing stays in the way (houses, pipes, etc)
    - Stand om flat ground, or the tank will slowly move, and it gets hard to hit perfectly.
    - Find a good spot to park the tank, and remember it to next time. Use the flag in your sight to determine shooting angle.

We had no problem to hit the heli/ helipad at 700m distance.
    Imagine 2 or 3 tanks working on the same base.. priceless fun for the sniper watching pilots flying without wings.

Re: Long distance tank terror

good idea! just like a artillery office directing over head arty fire to enemy base

Comment

Thought about... just never got around to actually trying it

Comment

Good idea, nice out-of-the-box thinking, prepare to be called a h4x and get kicked tho. :P

Comment

I didn't think it was possible as the arch on the shell isn't that great. Ill have to check it that out

Comment

good luck finding someone who would be happy to do this on a pub!!! you'll end up with a bloke going to the tank and c4ing it, or you'll get a support bloke running up to the sniper and jumping round like a jackinthebox, spamming ammo here!

But a bloody brilliant idea, perhaps something clans might look into!

Comment

Originally posted by Izac73
              This is probably an old idea..but anyway..
              Last night me and a friend tried to use the tank as artillery, quite funny.
              One of us sneaked in close to a base, as sniper because of the gilli, and the other sitting in the tank far away start shooting towards the baseflag. Then the sniper can correct the incoming fire. (to high, more to the left etc), I think this tactic can be useful against fly/ heliwh*res
              Here is some tips.
              - the grenade can fly about 850 m, then it self-detonate.
              - Check on map that nothing stays in the way (houses, pipes, etc)
              - Stand om flat ground, or the tank will slowly move, and it gets hard to hit perfectly.
              - Find a good spot to park the tank, and remember it to next time. Use the flag in your sight to determine shooting angle.

We had no problem to hit the heli/ helipad at 700m distance.
              Imagine 2 or 3 tanks working on the same base.. priceless fun for the sniper watching pilots flying without wings.

the the commander spots you, and their armor/air/helo forces move in and proceed to rape you silly.

Comment

hmm .. i wished the put the mortar back in bf2 always great fun with bfV .. maybe the need to tweak it a bit then

Comment

Heh- just pixel mapping. Been going on for some time.... you can keep Heilo's from ever getting off the ground..... like it was said earlier though... try getting people on pub servers to do this.... that's a joke!

Comment

you have aboslutly right bigbadbob, every strike got a counterstrike...so my guy on the AA/ APC can blast down the chopper etc etc.. But I liked this idea, and I will work on this one to see if it got any effect. I can write more about it tomorrow, when I have tested it on public servers.

Comment

Working...
                    X