Aiming the jets guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiming the jets guns?

Can anyone give me some tips on aiming the jets guns (not the missiles) I always try and lead them but im starting to think its not working?

Re: Aiming the jets guns?

Originally posted by NightStriker
    Can anyone give me some tips on aiming the jets guns (not the missiles) I always try and lead them but im starting to think its not working?
    First of all, all projectiles in the game (besides missiles I think) are affected by gravity. You have to compensate for shots by shooting ahead of targets. You don't have to do this for stationary ground targets. But if they are moving about, you will have to shoot slightly ahead of the target. The real problem however comes when are chasing down another jet and your shots don't seem to register. When you are in this kind of situation you have to realize that there's two large objects (jets) going through the sky at 1000mph so any little movement that your opponent makes is going to make a huge difference in terms of where your shots are really landing. The only way to compensate for this is to shoot WAY ahead of the jet if they are turning. A turning/banking jet can outrun a another jets cannon any day if you don't compensate for bullet drop.

Next time you ground pound on airpower maps, observe some of the dogfights and take note of how the aggressor usually shoots his cannon but misses the target completly even though his crosshair is most likely right on the target. You can see the laser-like slugs leaving a trail behind the victim.

Comment

i believed all the preachers saying that nothing 'cept tank shells gets bullet drop *bangs head on keyboard*Doh!

Comment

i believe the bullets will always fly a little into the direction you're tilting (not turning althought that plays a major part) the bullets are also affected by gravity as bivomit suggested, so they may fall short

Comment

Working...
        X