dogfighting *help*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dogfighting *help*

alright i have a problem. (I have my sensitivity way up.)

when im dogfighting and get a lock i can turn with them in their turns and keep my lock but its impossible to hit missles on them.

now when im bombing and such and not dogfighting and get a fighter on my tail. i do the same and just wait till they pull off my tail.

using this method seems to work a good portion of the time. and aa guns never take me out. rarely dogfighters can take me out and its the same few all the time.

and they consistantly hit me even though im in a tight turn.

so whats the secret technique to this?

Re: dogfighting *help*

you and every other wannabee pilot...(myself included).

i think most of the ace pilots will tell you that the only thing missiles are good for are helos and grounded jets taking off.

when trying to take down a jet, follow him closely untill you are litteraly 3 feet behind his tail. then switch to missiles while blasting with guns and spam the missile button about a miliseccond before lock. may not be the best way but it works for me.

(ps. after the patch this will change, as all lock-based missiles will (supposedly) recieve a huge buff)

Comment

Originally posted by munky99999
      alright i have a problem. (I have my sensitivity way up.)

when im dogfighting and get a lock i can turn with them in their turns and keep my lock but its impossible to hit missles on them.

now when im bombing and such and not dogfighting and get a fighter on my tail. i do the same and just wait till they pull off my tail.

using this method seems to work a good portion of the time. and aa guns never take me out. rarely dogfighters can take me out and its the same few all the time.

and they consistantly hit me even though im in a tight turn.

so whats the secret technique to this?
      The secret is to aim ahead of the target. Read this post that I made in another thread:

Originally posted by bitvomit
      First of all, all projectiles in the game (besides missiles I think) are affected by gravity. You have to compensate for shots by shooting ahead of targets. You don't have to do this for stationary ground targets. But if they are moving about, you will have to shoot slightly ahead of the target. The real problem however comes when are chasing down another jet and your shots don't seem to register. When you are in this kind of situation you have to realize that there's two large objects (jets) going through the sky at 1000mph so any little movement that your opponent makes is going to make a huge difference in terms of where your shots are really landing. The only way to compensate for this is to shoot WAY ahead of the jet if they are turning. A turning/banking jet can outrun a another jets cannon any day if you don't compensate for bullet drop.

Next time you ground pound on airpower maps, observe some of the dogfights and take note of how the aggressor usually shoots his cannon but misses the target completly. You can see the laser-like slugs leaving a trail behind the victim.

You can also aim missiles ahead of your target(however you have to aim even farther ahead than with the jet cannon). I can sometimes hit a turning jet by switching from bombs to missiles and letting off a couple missiles. The result is that your missiles will travel in a straight path (like a bullet) and will hit whatever is in it's way. No lock on is needed. Just fire as soon as you switch to missiles. This is incredibly easy to do when you sneak up behind someone while they are flying straight without them knowing it. It's not easy to do this on banking jets and I have not perfected it yet, but it's definitly a skill you can master.

Comment

Originally posted by x.Dead_Eye_42.x

when trying to take down a jet, follow him closely untill you are litteraly 3 feet behind his tail. then switch to missiles while blasting with guns and spam the missile button about a miliseccond before lock. may not be the best way but it works for me.
        It is one of the best ways to take down a jet dead eye. I usually circle the airstrip waiting for people to reload. Very easy kill. When you are that close to someones jet, you actually have to aim your crosshair above the opponents jet. The reason being that the missiles exit from under your wings, not the nose. This also works on helicopters. For some reason it's not as easy but I'm sure it could be practiced to the point where it's an artform.

Comment

a decent pilot always checks his six, especially when he's going to fly straight.

Comment

Originally posted by x0pht
            a decent pilot always checks his six, especially when he's going to fly straight.
            I do too. I've noticed alot of pilots that do this as well when they fly straight. This has caused me to change my tactics somewhat when I get on someones tail. Now I'm alot more agressive and fire off my missiles the moment my jet lines up with the opponent or even in a diagonal angle towards the ground and ahead of the target as I fly through the airstrip. Before I would stalk someone until they finished reloading which caused some of the better pilots to do a loop.

Comment

You may also notice that the F-35B is a piece of crap and gets hit alot more during a turn than any other fighter. The Mig and J-10 avoid missiles during turns too easily and most random noob pilots can avoid missles with these plane unless there stupid enough to just fly straight up when missles are locked and fired.

Besides missles are pretty crap when dog fighting and often get you TK's. I would rather use the board gun in a dog fight, I only use the missles really when i can see the enemy pilot is a noob.

Comment

Originally posted by Inc|LoKi
                You may also notice that the F-35B is a piece of crap and gets hit alot more during a turn than any other fighter. The Mig and J-10 avoid missiles during turns too easily and most random noob pilots can avoid missles with these plane unless there stupid enough to just fly straight up when missles are locked and fired.

Besides missles are pretty crap when dog fighting and often get you TK's. I would rather use the board gun in a dog fight, I only use the missles really when i can see the enemy pilot is a noob.
                I love to use missiles just to hear the leet lock on sound. Sometimes I will chase someone for a good while and harass them with the buzzer sound just for kicks

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
                  I love to use missiles just to hear the leet lock on sound. Sometimes I will chase someone for a good while and harass them with the buzzer sound just for kicks
                  Yeah i do that on wake Island alot if china has lost the airfield and im out of ammo. Just chase the F-18 and F-35's with my lock on till they get the airfield back its amazing how many idiots will fly into the sea / ground / trees when a jet is chasing them with lock even though it hasnt fired for over 5 mins

Comment

Originally posted by Inc|LoKi

WRONG! This is a popular false misconception
                    The F35 JSF is a very good plane actually, you just have to practice and figure out the tricks to it. I've taken out very good pilots in J10 and Migs with it.

Comment

Originally posted by colony
                      The F35 JSF is a very good plane actually, you just have to practice and figure out the tricks to it. I've taken out very good pilots in J10 and Migs with it.
                      Well thats your opinion but it is alot more work to take out a mig or j-10 with the F-35 than it is the otherway round. You have to be alot more patient and skillfull and precise.

Everyone is entitled to thier opinons anyway ... but my opinion is that this plane is an IGLA magnet ok you dont get killed by IGLA that often but you do get one missile hitting the F-35 alot more than any other plane. which in turn means you have to eihter play it safer or waste time going for repairs

Comment

Originally posted by colony
                        I agree. I love the F35. My opinion its the overall best plane, bombing and fighting. Everytime I get into one, I outscore all the bombers and other fighters.
                        Its very steady is what I like about it. No wobbly effect.

Comment

Working...
                        X