Remove enemy name tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove enemy name tag

There really is no need for the enemy to have a big red name tag above their heads.Firstly im not interested in the name of the enemy.Secondly what is the point of trying to conceal yourself with that big red neon sign above your head saying ' im over here shoot me! ' . Its not as if removing it would invite friendly fire - friendly has name tag - enemy doesnt, what could be simpler?Can it not be fixed so that friendlies always have their name tags on but enemies never. Or maybe just make it a server option.But please do something.

Re: Remove enemy name tag

yes offcourse, and what are you going to do as a sniper , or any long distance shooting/killing ? with jets/choppers ? the bf2 engine doesn't show the players in a way you can see clearly wich team he is on long distance, also ever played SF ? rebels versus spetznats ? those guys are just look to much like eachother, remove the name tag and let the tk start

Comment

that's why he said keep the team name tags.....

I think it's a good idea, but it'd probably be too confusing to impliment at this point.

Comment

Red name tags make smoke USELESS. I've killed so many tanks in tank on tank when they try smoking because it's like i have a map hack on because i am just focusing on the targets general area and if i see the target go blank i just don't fire. It makes life to easy.

Comment

and what are you going to do, when you have shosen to not see the tags, when a teammate gets in a vehicle of the enemy , how on earth are you going to know if he is team or enemy ? shure you can look on the hud, but if you need to look constantly on the hud, you are goiung to get screwed

Comment

I think the real problem is the models themselves. They all look practically the same from far away. This problem is especially bad on Wake Island. It seems like both sides have the exact same camo on.

Comment

I frequently kill an enemy just because I saw the name tag. In a map like karkand, I keep scanning the dusty areas until I detect a red name and shoot at it. It really works especially with the SRAW or G36C.
              I also spotted many snipers when I actually never saw them. just point at any suspected area and then spot! it works very well.

The tank and APC smoke is almost useless because of the red name tag.

The red name tag should go! the blue name tags should always be on. spotting snipers should be more difficult... for example click "Q" then with the right click choose sniper... or add a special function in the "Q" menu to spot snipers.

Comment

this bothers me since back in cs days. Enemy name tags are making any fps unrealistic as hell. like said above , just go into zoomed mode and watch from left to right and you see red names pop up w/o even seeing the guy lol. Or tank/apc ... total joke.

Comment

I always do a sweep with my crosshairs to locate red tags.. When i am unsure about a bump on the horizon and what not, i just place crosshair and wait for tag...

I see no reason why the enemy tags can't be removed. As long as you leave friendly tags on, we will easily know friend from foe without giving away people's hiding spots...

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                    and what are you going to do, when you have shosen to not see the tags, when a teammate gets in a vehicle of the enemy , how on earth are you going to know if he is team or enemy ? shure you can look on the hud, but if you need to look constantly on the hud, you are goiung to get screwed
                    If you are replying to me all i have to point out is that i said RED, as in the other teams tags on the screen.

Comment

You guys do realize that the biggest problems would be with vehicles right?

Are you really going to stand there and see if a blue nametag pops up as a tank barrels toward you?

Or if an airplane or helicopter is flying around are you going to stand there, since either of theses aircraft can be difficult to seen a name.

Another problem would be with people at a distance.

The names fade in and out constantly and sometimes blue or red name tags take a long time (even after you shot at them) before they appear.

The problem is that nametags don’t hover around everyone constantly. They only appear when you aim at them or in their particular area (for teammates at close proximity).

Besides this isn’t CS.

Comment

He said all about it being only the enemy tags disappear. The Frienlies tags are always on the way it is, so you don't HAVE to wait for the name to appear. If you see a vehicle driving, and you don't see it have a blue name on it instantly, it's a bad guy.

I'm all for this idea.

Comment

As an AT guy I also think that it's useless regarding tanks. Hit it once, smoke goes off, and then just scan the smoke until the red tag appears and fire into smoke.

Comment

This should be forwarded to the "official EA" questions page.

Brilliant idea, 5 stars.

Comment

btw for tanks , planes , copters (any vehicle if you want) a blink look on the radar and you know, if its allies or not ... and dont tell me you dont have the time to do that lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X