A "Clear" Radio button...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "Clear" Radio button...

...We need one. If you and a couple of squad mates are hunting down the last couple of enemy troops in an area, the UAV showed you they were there, but has stopped transmitting, you need a way of telling your team mates that you've got one or both of them, it could be a combo of 'Q' and 'T' seeing as it's not gonna be used in heavy combat.
    And can anyone recommend a good teamwork server, I'm fed up of playing on 'Quake-like'(as someone said) servers, where the idea of teamwork is driving away from spawn in the last jeep:shakehead, past 4 troops asking for lifts:shakehead and beeping the horn:shakehead!

Re: A "Clear" Radio button...

my thoughts exactly! i've been missing that command too!

and my answer to find teamplay: join a clan with a server

Comment

Originally posted by BoxiouS
      And can anyone recommend a good teamwork server, I'm fed up of playing on 'Quake-like'(as someone said) servers, where the idea of teamwork is driving away from spawn in the last jeep:shakehead, past 4 troops asking for lifts:shakehead and beeping the horn:shakehead!
      Check the server in my sig. Works best with TeamSpeak!

And I think an "area clear" radio button would be great.

Comment

I need a 'FFS, help me take this flag you moron!'

Comment

Or a 'Sh1T. Sorry mate, I seem to have dropped my nade by your foot...'

Comment

Just run around as medic, when the area is hostile free...whip out ur shock paddles "clear" lol

Comment

i was thinking the exact same thing

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic...hlight=#163808

Comment

Clear command is always useful... I use it often in cs when too lazy to plug a mic...

but then again... I BET YOU THIS WILL BE THE OUTCOME...

Right after saying clear, an ennemy will kill either you, or your teammate that herd the clear lol...

Its one of those things that go with the bf2 logic

Comment

You should be able to bind stuff on the radio buttons - like needing ammo or medic - or request supplies/uav if you want.

Comment

I've been wanting that command for a while.

Or like "mission accomplished". Anything that results in the completion of a task.

If on a server, for example, someone calls out a tank and I'm in a jet or helicopter, I immediately reply "Yes sir" and go in to help them out, no matter what else is out there.

One action I would have liked, would have the commander request you take out a certain vehicle. So, "spotting" a vehicle with the task of destroying it. It would add to the dynamics of the game.

I could see this being a problem, maybe even a bug that displays the unit over and over again, no matter when/where.

Anyhow, I do agree that it would be great if someone could "complete a task" by having an appropriate response.

Good thread!

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by BeerStein
                      You should be able to bind stuff on the radio buttons - like needing ammo or medic - or request supplies/uav if you want.
                      Or even the ability to request a certain support from tank/jet/AT etc. In the "Need Backup", maybe have it develop into something like "Requesting areial support" or "Requesting anti-tank support". they have this radio bind in Call of duty, for example.

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by -=AudigyXi=-
                        Just run around as medic, when the area is hostile free...whip out ur shock paddles "clear" lol
                        :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That works

Comment

Being able to request certain units as backup would be class, that really would add to the game, I think the radio commands in certain circumstances are too vague, but i don't think ea/dice will change it because it would be over complicated for new players.
                          And heli's should always be on hand to deal with tanks not just other helis (see point about teamwork)

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

The word I've always wanted added into the game "Shazbot!"

Comment

Working...
                              X