Goal of BF2 Multiplayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goal of BF2 Multiplayer?

Forgive me for possibly sounding stupid. Having recently picked up BF2 adn starting to <finally> get the hang of it, I began to wonder what the consensus is on a "goal" of BF2 online?

Is it to accumulate points and rise in rank? Collect ribbons and medals?(Personal goals)

Be on the winning side as much as possible? (Team goals)

Just have fun? (Amusement)

I find that I prefer to aid as much as possible in helping the team win whenever possible, but it seems like more and more ppl. are in it for the stats. Squads rarely form in numbers worthy of even bothering, no one listens to the commander, etc. With all the lofty stats out there, I'd suspect that more ppl. would be familiar with team concepts. I suppose that if I joined a clan, I'd feel differently.

Re: Goal of BF2 Multiplayer?

I like to have fun and I take the ranks, and unlocks as just an extra that comes with the fun.

Comment

I voted team goals, just because this is when I find myself having the most fun as long as I find a reasonable squad.
      Points, medals, ranks, ribbons, they mean nothing to me - but I do like it when I earn one through what I did rather than actually aiming for it. Amusement? Well, I suppose everyone will play for that but its the overall team spirit of the game that keeps me playing sometimes, even when something puts me in a bad mood

Comment

Im not sure, id like to say that i always play for the team, but i dont. I sometimes look at the stats site and think 'i can get that tonight' and play for it when i get home. Fortunately alot of the worthwhile awards are based on time which is forcing me to try new things atm which forces me to play for the team. My ultimate aim is to have every award which is gonna take some practice but i do prefer to get things by mistake rather than by design.
        Position in the stats is mainly based on time over score, so ive never had that as a goal as i dont want to be called weird.

Comment

I like the fun of reaching new ranks and awards

Comment

My objective is always to win the round. That means causing the other team to loose its tickets, and the best way to do that is cap the flags. I will continue to attack a flag until I cap it with little or no regard for how many times I may die in the process. If I happen to get a medal, ribbon or some unlock in the process then that's great.

Comment

I like the sound effects & hunting enemy commanders. It's interesting to sneak around in their base, blowing up their assets, causing general havoc.

But it's particularly funny to kill someone with a "Im so tough" name, and see something like this on the screen...

BlueBunny63 [AK101] ~1337Klan~B^tchSlapp3r69

I mean, how much must it pi$$ someone off, especially some 17 year old Rambo wanna-be, when their precious K/D ratio takes a ding from someone with such an absolutely ludicrous a name as mine?

I can just imagine them yelling at their screen "I got killed by what? A BLUE F[]CKING BUNNY?!?!?" And I know it's gotta happen, because those types often get amazingly angry, and proceed to hound me for the rest of the round.

In other words, it's fun to have the stupidest name on any server I join, and by example to say to people "It's an effing game, junior. Relax and have fun for a change."

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBunny63
                Or as Arnold the Governator said in the first Conan movie, when they asked him "What is best in life"... to which he replied with something like this: "To crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of the women."

In other words, it's fun to win.
                loved that movie :P

anyway, i play to relax after work & school... what really get to me is the ppl that INSIST you must obey their every command like its the word of almighty God himself... if i wanna go mess around & blow up commander assets & hunt down & knife snipers, leave me be... if i wanna go cap flags, thats what ill be doing... i paid for the friggin game & ill decide how i wanna play it

team play is cool & all & its fun to win, but theres more to life than winning a video game
                [/rant]

ah, i feel much better now

Comment

It's all about the badges! (personal goals)

Comment

I play for all three. I love accomplishing team goals in a squad, particularly when friends are in the squad. I also enjoy working towards earning the promotions/badges/ribbons/medals. And of course, there's nothing like completely owning the other team for your own amusement!

Comment

I don't care about the badges and I just take them as they come except for the basic badges which I had to get for the special ranks because I prefer their look. I play for fun but I'm only having fun when I do well and most importantly when my team wins, I can't stand losing! . Unfortunately I still can't keep a 3:1 w/l ratio but I try my best. I also have a friend who plays this game so we have a healthy competition and there's no slacking off . I could never play as a sniper or just be an engineer and defend one base the whole round and do other stuff like that because I try to be as effective as I can and have as big of an impact on the team as I can. So that's fun for me .

Comment

99% of the players on BF2 play for badges and awards that no one else even cares to look at. Everyone knows that!

Some of these replies were cute though. I play for the team baby. It's fun when you've got a squad that works together.

Comment

Team. Duh. If it wasn't for team, it'd be a free for all. Those who are in it for non tangible badges and numbers are ridiculous and selfish in my view... does anyone really care? Maybe K ratio, but it just doesn't account for all the things that can happen in a battle. Your stats don't mean how good you are , they just mean how long you've played.... The team winning is the goal... hence teamwork points being added. if you followed the development of bf2, they kept talking about how teamwork was a huge idea behind the game... hence squads and voip and commander... its all designed for a team to win, not for people to get uber scores...

Comment

Originally posted by Legli
                            I voted team goals, just because this is when I find myself having the most fun as long as I find a reasonable squad.
                            Points, medals, ranks, ribbons, they mean nothing to me - but I do like it when I earn one through what I did rather than actually aiming for it. Amusement? Well, I suppose everyone will play for that but its the overall team spirit of the game that keeps me playing sometimes, even when something puts me in a bad mood
                            My sentiments exactly. Even tho wiping out a whole enemy squad is great fun (personal) i prefer going behind enemy lines to cap a few crucial points (team )while the other part of the team is duking it out with the enemy in a great blue-red blob (getting 10x the score).

Comment

Working...
                            X