Taking the PowerPlant on Mashtuur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking the PowerPlant on Mashtuur

While I was playing and my team was getting owned on at the gas station, I went for the powerplant flag, I took a HmmV to teh flagt and parked it infront of the entrance with the Mounted MG, then I grabbed a Vodnik that was inevitably sitting there and parked it infront of the North opening into the flag area. Now all I had to do was defend the entrance to the south(where the tank spawns).
    Now when the enemy comes to get you when their commander spots you, they will have to get around the vehicles in their way(which they cannot),, lob grenades(which usually dont hit), or go all teh way around to the rear entrance. by this time you will have control of the flag.

Re: Taking the PowerPlant on Mashtuur

Originally posted by WesleyS
    While I was playing and my team was getting owned on at the gas station, I went for the powerplant flag, I took a HmmV to teh flagt and parked it infront of the entrance with the Mounted MG, then I grabbed a Vodnik that was inevitably sitting there and parked it infront of the North opening into the flag area. Now all I had to do was defend the entrance to the south(where the tank spawns).
    Now when the enemy comes to get you when their commander spots you, they will have to get around the vehicles in their way(which they cannot),, lob grenades(which usually dont hit), or go all teh way around to the rear entrance. by this time you will have control of the flag.
    why can't they just jump in the vehicle and move it away from the entrance??

Comment

What would stop an enemy from:

1. Simply moving the vehicle

or better yet

2. Using the MG on one of those vehicles to shoot you since you're now mostly blocked in

Comment

a smart person would just wait for you by the exit with c4s on the 2 vehicles
        so eh yea

Comment

Originally posted by Pha-QfromGP
          Well you would know which direction he is coming in from then wouldn't you?
          Rather then watching every direction...

Originally posted by R0man
          What would stop an enemy from:

1. Simply moving the vehicle

or better yet

2. Using the MG on one of those vehicles to shoot you since you're now mostly blocked in
          1. See above poster.....
          2. if you lay down too close to the walls he cannot shoot you.

Originally posted by Coderedpl
          a smart person would just wait for you by the exit with c4s on the 2 vehicles
          so eh yea
          Good thing you can exit out of the other entrance, and from what you are saying, you have already captured the flag. Which happened to be my point entirely.

Comment

it takes two jumps to get over the top of a vehicle, so in theory you not safe from any angle, including coming down from the cliff face at the back :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Pha-QfromGP
              that's what I do when a vehicle is in the way. Or he could have just ran around and shot you out the back of the jeep.

Why didn't you create a squad and tell people to spawn on you if you had gotten away from the rape?

Typical I'm superman type of play.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob
                that's what I do when a vehicle is in the way. Or he could have just ran around and shot you out the back of the jeep.

Why didn't you create a squad and tell people to spawn on you if you had gotten away from the rape?

Typical I'm superman type of play.
                Typical I'm superman type of play??
                You don't even know who I am, how I play, or anythign else about what was going on in the map, so keep your stupid idiotic thoughts on attacking someone to yourself.
                You act as if everyone on BF2 listens to everything....

And you(everyone) are obviously NEVER completely away from danger, this was just a TIP on how to delay being attacked while taking a flag.
                No wonder a ton of people avoid this board.

Comment

Or, one can easily drop grenades or c4's across the fence.

Comment

Typical I'm superman type of play??
                    You don't even know who I am, how I play, or anythign else about what was going on in the map, so keep your stupid idiotic thoughts on attacking someone to yourself.
                    You act as if everyone on BF2 listens to everything....

And you(everyone) are obviously NEVER completely away from danger, this was just a TIP on how to delay being attacked while taking a flag.
                    No wonder a ton of people avoid this board.
                    no, I don't know who you are. But trying to take the flag alone, when your team could spawn on you, and help. That's what the squad system is there for, to get people where they are needed when they are needed.

I know your type though, be at a flag all alone, never asking for help, never creating a squad over there, nothing. Just go alone and never care about teammates.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob
                      no, I don't know who you are. But trying to take the flag alone, when your team could spawn on you, and help. That's what the squad system is there for, to get people where they are needed when they are needed.

I know your type though, be at a flag all alone, never asking for help, never creating a squad over there, nothing. Just go alone and never care about teammates.
                      Bob
                      Show me in my post where I said I didn't create a squad so that nobody could spawn on me.
                      I repeatedly asked for help, but none was given, the commander drapped a supply crate but that was it.

Why stay away from teh flag when your team has limited amounts of tickets left and the enemy commander is about 15 seconds away from spotting me for his teamates. Yeah I will just pitch a tent in the grass under the bridge waiting for my less the spectacular teamates to join my squad and spawn on me.
                      Nah thats ok, I will go jump on the flag and hopefully someone will come along, join my squad, and spawn on me there.

So Bob stop being a huge A-hole and acting like you know everything there is to know. Pompous asses like you make this a nice place to visit.

Comment

I repeatedly asked for help, but none was given, the commander drapped a supply crate but that was it.
                        That is so frustrating - capping a flag behind enemy lines and after spamming "need help" the only thing that comes to your aid is a supply box waiting to replenish the single enemy who just killed you as you got the point neutralized.

Comment

Originally posted by pertti_pasanen
                          That is so frustrating - capping a flag behind enemy lines and after spamming "need help" the only thing that comes to your aid is a supply box waiting to replenish the single enemy who just killed you as you got the point neutralized.
                          And luckily the commander didn't drop it right ontop of my head, like whats been known to happen in the past. :laugh:
                          I got he control point, but the round ended shortly afterward.

Comment

Give the guy a BREAK!
                            He posted a TIP, sharing his experience on how
                            to delay the enemies gettin' to you when you're takin'
                            a specific flag. Sure, its not a bullet-proof-solid-can-never-fail-plan, but SO WHAT? Seriusly, if you wanna give us your point of view thats fine, but don't criticise his!

Comment

Working...
                            X